• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

gen VI team idea

Years
  • Hello all,

This is my first attempt at making a gen VI team and I curiously don't have a single gen 6 poke on it...

so here goes.

Espeon w/ Magic bounce
    max HP and Spe
    Psychic
    Moonblast
    Protect
    Light Screen

Haxorus w/ Mold Breaker
    Max Atk and Spe
    Outrage
    Poison Jab
    EQ
    DD

Salamence w/ intimidate
    64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
    Dragon Claw
    Draco Meteor
    Flame Thrower
    EQ

Mega Lucario w/ Adaptability
    max Atk and Spe
    CC
    Bullet Punch
    Crunch
    SD

Vaporeon w/ Water Absorb
    max HP and Def
    Wish
    Protect
    Scald
    Toxic

Spot 6 is vacant...

As for a description of what I'm trying to achieve:

Espeon comes in and sets up screens, Salamence punches holes in things, vaporeon deals with things others can't by Scalding and Toxic stalling as well as wish passing to team mates. Then Haxorus and Lucario finish the job. Lucario with priority adaptability bullet punch and Haxorus can DD thanks to screens and sweep.

Any blatant holes I'm missing? any suggestions for the sixth team member or one I should swap out? Move and Item suggestions?

Thank you all for your help.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2013
    Make sure to include Nature and EV spread along with your team posting, They make a huge difference in how a mon turns out

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You should give the full names of the moves as opposed to the acronyms because new people who may be rating the team may not know what the moves are.

Espeon can't learn Moonblast. The best Fairy move it gets is Dazzling Gleam. I'd use Reflect as a secondary screen. Light Clay should be the item. Timid should be the nature.

Haxorus should be Adamant or Jolly.

Salamence should be Naive, but consider Dragon Dance Salamence as well. I'm not sure how MixMence fares in the current meta:
    -Dragon Dance
    -Dragon Claw/Outrage
    -Earthquake
    -Fire Blast/Hydro Pump
    Nature: Naive
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb/Yache Berry

Lucario should be Adamant or Jolly

Vaporeon should be Bold.

Including Skarmory or Ferrothorn as defensive Steels may not be a bad idea, because of their good synergy with Salamence and Haxorus:

Skarmory:
    -Spikes
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird/Iron Head/Taunt
    Nature: Impish/Careful
    EVs: 224 HP/252 Def/32 SDef or 224 HP/32 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy

Ferrothorn:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed/Thunder Wave
    -Gyro Ball/Power Whip
    -Stealth Rock/Gyro Ball/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/180 SDef
    Ability: Iron Barbs

Years
  • You should give the full names of the moves as opposed to the acronyms because new people who may be rating the team may not know what the moves are.

Espeon can't learn Moonblast. The best Fairy move it gets is Dazzling Gleam. I'd use Reflect as a secondary screen. Light Clay should be the item. Timid should be the nature.

Salamence should be Naive, but consider Dragon Dance Salamence as well. I'm not sure how MixMence fares in the current meta.

Including Skarmory or Ferrothorn as defensive Steels may not be a bad idea, because of their good synergy with Salamence and Haxorus:

Ferrothorn:
    -Spikes/Stealth Rock
    -Leech Seed/Thunder Wave
    -Gyro Ball/Power Whip
    -Stealth Rock/Gyro Ball/Protect
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/180 SDef
    Ability: Iron Barbs

Thanks for your help.

I DID mean "Reflect" and "Dazzling Gleam" on Espeon^^'
    Timid, definitely.

Hax will be Jolly

Lucario will be Adamant (I need to Sketch Cruch and Bullet Punch on a Smeargle... any ideas?)

Vap is Bold

I'm going to test MixMence and see.

I'll have to get me Ferrothorn because I don't have Skarmory in my friend Safari (for now)
    going for Spikes, Power whip, Leech seed and Gyro Ball.

Thanks again, Platinum Dude, you're always good help =)

Back