• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII Scripts (Z-Moves, Abilities and Moves,)

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
Years
  • Adrenaline Orb. I made some editions (like won't trigger Symbiosis).
    In 'PokeBattle_Battler' script, replace Intimidate's code for:
    Spoiler:

Then, 'def pbReduceAttackStatIntimidate(opponent)', replace or compare to add ADRENALINEORB:
    Spoiler:

P.S: Let's wait for v18 to check if Maruno will add the code for S.O.S Battle. :D
    Cya!

EDIT Oct 16: Just replace the first part (INTIMIDATE's code):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • About evos like Alolan Raichu, Exeggutor and Marowak AND breeding for Alolan:
    Spoiler:

I made this:
    For breeding case, in 'PField_DayCare' script, below:
    v1.0
    Spoiler:

V2.0 (ignore the script above):
    Spoiler:

Now, for evolution go to 'Pokemon_Evolution' script and replace 'def pbStartScreen(pokemon,newspecies)' for:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • About Minior for breeding, I think is better put a code after Masuda method:
    Code:
      # Masuda method and Shiny Charm
      shinyretries=0
      shinyretries+=5 if father.language!=mother.language
      shinyretries+=2 if hasConst?(PBItems,:SHINYCHARM) && $PokemonBag.pbHasItem?(:SHINYCHARM)
      if shinyretries>0
        for i in 0...shinyretries
          break if egg.isShiny?
          egg.personalID=rand(65536)|(rand(65536)<<16)
        end
      end
      # Inheriting Minior form (Shiny or Normal)
      if !egg.isShiny?
        if isConst?(father.species,PBSpecies,:MINIOR); egg.form=father.form
        elsif isConst?(mother.species,PBSpecies,:MINIOR); egg.form=mother.form
        end
      else; egg.form=1
      end
      # Inheriting ability from the mother

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • For Dancer follow these instructions. It is tested for single and double battles and should work just like in the game. Give credit when using this (as it was a real pain to get this stuff working and took me several hours)
    Spoiler:

Sorry but am looking for Dancer's ability and I saw yours. Ern, why we need add 'DancerSkip'? You didn't add that effect into your code.
    Also, I will try to add the variations about this ability (like Snatched, Taunted, slowest Oricorio triggers the ability first, try to "fix Petal Dance bug", etc).

Thank you!

Last edited:

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
  • Sorry but am looking for Dancer's ability and I saw yours. Ern, why we need add 'DancerSkip'? You didn't add that effect into your code.
    Also, I will try to add the variations about this ability (like Snatched, Taunted, slowest Oricorio triggers the ability first, try to "fix Petal Dance bug", etc).

Thank you!

Thanks for pointing that out. That was just a left over from a previous version, which I appearantly didn't remove. So you don't need that effect

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Thanks for pointing that out. That was just a left over from a previous version, which I appearantly didn't remove. So you don't need that effect

Thank you! Your code is amazing! I already added the some situations perfectly but we still need to add:
    Spoiler:

Can we work to improve the code? Only Dancer ability is needed to complete all gen 7 abilities script and thanks your code I think we almost there. :)
    If so, PM me and give me your Discord to we talk about it! :D

Cya!

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Sheer Cold and Destiny Bond had their descriptions changed. So, edit them (P.S: some of them had changes into 'move.txt' too. Check bulbapedia):

Spoiler:

Dark Void and Hyperspace Fury: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10104293#post10104293

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Maybe we can make a better code for Instruct (last edition 12/12/2019):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Here what I made for Pollen Puff:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Rage Powder:
    Spoiler:

Spotlight:
    Spoiler:

Burn Up:
    Spoiler:

Stomping Tantrum:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Improve Prankster ability:
    Spoiler:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • I haven't done Pollen Puff yet, but here's Spectral Thief:

Code:
    ################################################################################
    # Steals target's stat boosts, then attacks
    ################################################################################
    class PokeBattle_Move_1A1 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        if opponent.stages[1]>0 || opponent.stages[2]>0 || opponent.stages[3]>0 ||
           opponent.stages[4]>0 || opponent.stages[5]>0 || opponent.stages[6]>0 ||
           opponent.stages[7]>0
          stolenstats=[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]
          for i in 0...8
            stolenstats[i]=opponent.stages[i]*1 if opponent.stages[i]>0
            opponent.stages[i]=0 if opponent.stages[i]>0
          end
          @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} stole {2}'s stat boosts!",attacker.pbThis,opponent.pbThis(true)))
          showanim=true
          for i in 0...6
            if attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(i,true,attacker) && stolenstats[i]>0
              attacker.pbIncreaseStat(i,stolenstats[i],true,showanim,attacker)
              showanim=false
            end
          end
        end
        # actually attack now
        ret=super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
        return ret
      end
    end

Someone can improve that code for v17.2? Am trying to but no success yet....

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Code:
    class PokeBattle_Move_000 < PokeBattle_Move
      def pbEffect(attacker,opponent,hitnum=0,alltargets=nil,showanimation=true)
        showstatmessage = showanimation
        for i in [PBStats::ATTACK,PBStats::DEFENSE,PBStats::SPATK,PBStats::SPDEF,PBStats::SPEED,PBStats::ACCURACY,PBStats::EVASION]
          if opponent.stages[i] > 0
            if attacker.pbCanIncreaseStatStage?(i,attacker)
              @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1} stole {2}'s stat boosts!",attacker.pbThis,opponent.pbThis(true))) if showstatmessage
              attacker.pbIncreaseStat(i,opponent.stages[i],attacker,showanimation)
              showstatmessage = false
            end
            opponent.stages[i] = 0
          end
        end
        return super(attacker,opponent,hitnum,alltargets,showanimation)
      end
    end
    Steals accuracy and evasion (unlike the code you posted tries to do). Really the only non-style change is using PBStats::BLABLABLA instead of numbers.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Steals accuracy and evasion (unlike the code you posted tries to do). Really the only non-style change is using PBStats::BLABLABLA instead of numbers.

Now it works like a charm:
    Spoiler:

Thanks MGriffin!

Now we need to improve Stomping Tantrum (still need to code when double battle, to activate double damage the move needs to fail FOR ALL MOVE'S TARGET (like Earthquake, if failed only to Levitate target and hit your ally or the target partner, won't double damage). Here the link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10100546#post10100546) and Dancer ability. xD

EDIT: IMPROVED POLLEN PUFF. All works fine. Check the link: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10093042#post10093042

Revelation Dance (from vanilla Essentials v17.2):
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2021
    Mind Blown (Blacephalon's signature move):
    Spoiler:

This is weird. For the MINDBLOWN script I get a syntax error for the last "end" line.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    This is weird. For the MINDBLOWN script I get a syntax error for the last "end" line.

I'm not sure why the end I've marked in red exists:
    Code:
    if bearer!=nil
      @battle.pbDisplay(_INTL("{1}'s {2} prevents {3} from using {4}!",bearer.pbThis,PBAbilities.getName(bearer.ability),attacker.pbThis(true),@name))
      [color=red]end[/color]
      return false
    end
    You probably want to delete it.

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Fixed. Thanks Frosty Raziel!

Also, I recommend you guys to check this link:
    https://essentialsdocs.fandom.com/wiki/User:Maruno/Function_codes?useskin=osasis#Generation_7_moves

Some script moves you can just edit to put them to gen 7 moves (like Psychic Fang, Plasma Fist, etc).

Mind Blown
    Old Version:
    Spoiler:

New version: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=10104293#post10104293

Last edited:

WolfPP

Spriter/ Pixel Artist
    Years
  • Detail about Dark Void/Hyperspace Fury, that only can be used if the attacker is Darkrai (or Ditto/Mew transformed into) or Hoopa Unbound (or Ditto/Mew transfomed into):
    Spoiler:

Little fix about Burmy and Wormadan (Burmy change its form only AFTER BATTLE and Wormadan won't change):
    Spoiler:

Mind Blown:
    Spoiler:

Berserk (last upgrade 01/16/2020):
    Spoiler:

Dancer: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=426218

Last edited:
    Years
  • So can anyone actually compile all the working code on all the Gen 7moves, abilitiesetc for v17.2 or v16.2 and release it in single post?

Back