• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Where do you want the Next Generation of pokemon to be based in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As I've stated in one of my previous posts, I believe Diamond and Pearl remakes will likely be put into next edition of handheld consoles (whatever generation it may be in terms of Pokémon, whether it be seven, eight, or even nine), as we already have a couple of remakes for 3DS in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Speaking of Colosseum, although it was merely some spin-off of sorts, I feel it'd be pretty cool if they were able to port it for 3DS, somehow, as well as Gale of Darkness. Perhaps they could even edit their Internet functionality and whatnot, so that we would be able to trade between them and main series games. Only Pokémon they might be able to restrict us from sending are dark ones, since they're exclusive to these spin-offs.

Am sure many of us would appreciate this! There are some fans out there who haven't gotten any chance to place Colosseum and Gale of Darkness, so if they were to be ported, I believe it could change that.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • If they don't remake DPPt I'm sure they'll still do something with Dialga/Palkia/Giratina since they won't leave Mewtwo and the Hoenn legends more powerful than the rest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I'd hope for them to keep Gen VII on the 3DS. Since only 2 (Technically 4) games have been on the 3DS and one of them being a remake, it would be foolish to place it on the "New" 3DS. Since most are just buying a 3DS for ORAS, it would be awful to make them buy an expensive handheld. I predict them at least making a few more Pokemon games for the 3DS. GBA had 1 remake (Fr/Lg) and R/S/E. The DS had 1 Remake (HS/SS) and D/P/Pt and B/W/2. 3DS currently has 1 Remake (OR/AS) and X/Y. I think there will be another main game for the 3DS. A D/P remake for the "New" 3DS but hopefully the 3DS too.

As in what I hope for is adding the anime Pokemon cries to the games. It was possible with Pikachu so it should be possible with all the other Pokemon. Depending on the size of the files. I'd also enjoy Voice Acting, just to see how it would play out in Pokemon Game. Possibly a bigger region would be more enjoyable. Something huge like the Kanto/Johto map from G/S/C/HG/SS. A protagonist with a choice of sides or a more RPG like way of choosing your own story or destiny. Something like Join Avenune should return.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Generation seven of games would likely be resembling Black 2 and White 2, I feel. They'll be compatible with both 3DS and New 3DS just like almost every other games, but will be enhanced for latter so that they could take better advantage of its improved technology. Personally, I don't believe this to be such a bad idea; it could definitely work if pulled right.

Years
  • I hope Game Freak goes for more "Living Anime" Graphics like with Ni no Kuni : Wrath of the White Witch, but with the Pokémon Game Artstyle as I currently think that they are doing spectacularly on the music front as of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in Generation VII.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Down side I see about that is, not all Pokémon gamers follow their show, precisely, or anime in general, so if they had switched their graphic-style to be resembling it, it could take some decent amount of time for us to get used to all of that. Some might not be able to accept the change due to it being a little uncomfortable for us, but that's not necessarily a huge issue, we'll wind up embracing eventually.

Aside from that, it would be pretty interesting to see how they'd take the games if they had decided to go towards this route one day!

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    I admit there was some that were really interesting but what originally sold me were the starter.pokemon. if you.cant sell me with starter Pokémon, you probably wont get me interested. And I will also say that the Legendary Pokemon have been losing their charm since Gen 5. If they can provide a good duo again, I might get invested again. But Gen 7 needs iconic Legendary Pokemon, iconic starter pokemon and generally I believe simplicity is key. I dont want to see a new type unless they introduce some space pokemon that only ghost pokemon can affect. But really I think I can live without a type...

Gen 6 didn't disappoint me, but it didnt wow me. Then again neither did Gen 5. I have a feeling though Gen 7 will be just as expendable as those generations.

ArcanineWithABow

Cutie Pup
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I agree with Shiny_Unown -- The last two generations really do not have iconic legendaries...to me, they are rather forgettable or like meh. For example, people can never forget Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Raikou, Kyogre, and all those from Generations 1 -3. (But then I am old and played though them when I was a kid so it can be nostalgia too.)

For generation 7, I would love to see a more combination of types...like Fire/Steel for example, and crazy stuff like that. I also want to see more real evolutions on Pokemon along with more mega evolutions.

I wish the game can ask us if we want to play a Hard Mode...like there could be two modes...hard and easy, and the gym leader's pokemon and other key NPC's pokemon can change, their strategies, movies, and levels can be slightly higher.

I been playing Pokemon since the R/B/Y days and I can say nothing can beat (in my personal opinion) Generations 1 - 3. Generation 2 was my favorite and Crystal was my favorite game.

Honestly, I just fantasize seeing a Kanto remake and a Pokemon Crystal remake with all of the enhancements they have today.

Years
  • I admit there was some that were really interesting but what originally sold me were the starter.pokemon. if you.cant sell me with starter Pokémon, you probably wont get me interested. And I will also say that the Legendary Pokemon have been losing their charm since Gen 5. If they can provide a good duo again, I might get invested again. But Gen 7 needs iconic Legendary Pokemon, iconic starter pokemon and generally I believe simplicity is key. I dont want to see a new type unless they introduce some space pokemon that only ghost pokemon can affect. But really I think I can live without a type...

Gen 6 didn't disappoint me, but it didnt wow me. Then again neither did Gen 5. I have a feeling though Gen 7 will be just as expendable as those generations.
    If I'm not wrong, Masuda said that next generations would come back to simplicity like it was in the first gen ^^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree that having a poison-type legendary around would be quite cool. We've got many legendary Pokémon in the series, some of which are associated with the particular type group, but unfortunately, there aren't any that precisely reside within; if we've had a legend focusing around poison, it would definitely help raising awareness of the type a little further, so to speak. Same could be said for fairy, I suppose, but they're fairly new to our scene; I believe it would be more wise if we had let older typing come first.

As for Pokémon design, I'd have to second with what we have stated thus far; it would indeed be nice to be seeing more simplistic Pokémon around. Although Pokémon stands for Pocket Monsters, and monsters aren't always simple-looking in terms of appearance (majority of us take them to be complex in our imagination, rather, when we hear this word), but I'm sure it'd help satisfying their younger audience more, which is nice.

New typing--for now, I don't necessarily believe we need one. Fairy was introduced to us very recently, and some of us are yet to be fully familiar with the type; if they were to introduce another, I feel it would be better if they had decided to wait a few more years.

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
    Years
  • Generation 7 peculation

I'd like it to be based in Oceania(AUS/NZ/Papua new guinea/Tasmania).
    I mean, come on we have great stuff here. Red Rock, Great Barrier Reef etc. They can put like barnacle, clamperl, skrelp in the Great Barrier Reef. it would be perfect for water types.
    Also great animals to work with like the Kangaroo, Koala, Platypus, Tasmanian Devil, Kiwi, Kookaburra, Wedge-tailed Eagle, Emu, Dingo, Wallaby etc. it would be a great place for a region.
    If even thought of a kangaroo pokemon.
    Normal/Fighting or pure Fighting.
    Kangaroos like to kick and punch other kangaroos so these would be really appropriate moves of it: Double kick, high kick, low kick, close combat. :)
    (yes i know that kangaskhan is a kangaroo btw)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Oceania would be cool(incl kiwi and aussie land) netherlands is a bit random... but would becool to have scandinavia or europe as a whole

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    An Ireland (incl. Northern Ireland) shaped region could be fun.

Gen VII speculation, new features and discussion thread

Out of curiosity, what made you put Netherlands on the poll?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back