• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender based events?

Years
    I have been looking on how to make events that would check what gender the player is and depending on if the player is a Boy or Girl the game would take or do different things. Thank you for anyone that has and answer for this question.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    The easiest way to do this I would think, is when choosing boy or a girl, make switch 1 (for boy) on, if boy is choosen, or, switch 2 (if girl) on, if girl is chosen, and give the event 2 pages with condition, switch 1 on, or, switch 2 on... Obviously create a switch which co-incides with the respective gender!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    $Trainer.gender returns the player's gender just as easily as playing with switches. The event that needs to care about the gender should have a Conditional Branch containing $Trainer.gender==0, where the "true" part is for boys and the "false" part is for girls.

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
    Or you could just make a control switch for each gender. That I was I use to do, and it is easier for novice and beginner game developers. I hope I helped!

Back