• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I think I understand what you are saying Kevin. You can't walk from the starting position right? Maybe it's because the passibility is set to an X. Go to Tools, then Database, then go to Tileset(Chipset), then go to the Tileset you were using for the game, then set the passibility for it.

X= can't walk through it
    O=able to walk on it
    *(star)=able to walk behind it

Years
    hey pheonix sorry if i was being a little forceful but you dont have to help me i found a way to do it without switches and variables

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    When he means something invisible, it could be that all his chipsets are set to star. So that his character is under all the chipsets and when he moves, the screen moves but he can't see himself. Just start setting your chipsets the correct way Kev.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    huh? i didn't think you were being forceful. Anyway if you do need any more help try and be a bit more specific about the problem and i'll be able to be more helpful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2004
    hmm...............PKMN sage is thinking right..but the "way to fix" doesnt work????? hmm.........i mean that there is one person standing there..unable to be controlled...and whne i try to "move my character" somthing else moves..like..........it's like somehting that can be moved anywhere..including the black areas..* behide the scene*

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I am really confused as to what you are talking about. When you mean one person being unabled to be controlled, do you mean a NPC. Because the only person you're supposed to be able to control is your party character(main character). What do you mean when you try moving your character, something else moves? That's weird. I've never ever heard of anything like that happening in RM2K3(3). Anyone else want to try to tackle this situation? I'm still going to try to help you, but try to be more specific. Don't use words like something, or anywhere. Try to be specific so that we'll be able to help.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2004
    the person that doesn't move is the vehicle and i'm moving something unseenable!!! it's like u can feel controlling a player but he is not seen able!!!i think the invisible person is the party position person! :dead: i really know it's hard to get but...when i made my first room the person was able to move in it then i wanted to start again and i must have screwed something up or else this shouldn't be happening :\ ****.........

Daegon

Friend of all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2006
    How did you guys change the font in Rm2K to pokemon style?

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2004
    well, i have solved the "moving invisible thing" problem..but now i cannot move my character, he is on the screen but i cannot move him..any solutions?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    PKMN_Sage said:
    I think I understand what you are saying Kevin. You can't walk from the starting position right? Maybe it's because the passibility is set to an X. Go to Tools, then Database, then go to Tileset(Chipset), then go to the Tileset you were using for the game, then set the passibility for it.

X= can't walk through it
    O=able to walk on it
    *(star)=able to walk behind it
    That is probably what needs to be done.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2004
    well, i have solved the "moving invisible thing" problem..but now i cannot move my character, he is on the screen but i cannot move him..any solutions?

Edit: it looks like my character is moving under the grass................crap and that's why i cant see it!

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2004
    phoenix316 said:
    yeah you need to configure the tileset. read the quote in my last post.
    yes..u are correct, now i can move where i am suppose to move..but the problem is that i cannot see the character...........

i mean if i put my finger on the middle of the screen....and when it bumps into somehting i see that it is because it is the wall, but i cannot see the character........................

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    all objects like trees and walls you want to put an 'X' on it. If you want to walk on something like grass and paths use the 'O' and if you want to walk behind something like the tops of buildings put a 'star' on it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2004
    yes, i did all that, ecxactly like u said, but i know that the X,O and stars are all correct , the problem is just that the main character is not showing up :paranoid:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back