• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
    Years
    Soz for the double post
    Pokemon Master Joe said:
    I haven't been here for awhile,so how do you stop an event from happening more than once?If Possible,use screenshots to help me understand better.
    Ok then i will explain
    first in put what you are going to do then make a second page in the event commands window then on page 2 tick the box in event conditions and click the 3 dots and make the name for the switch and click page 1 and at the end of all your cold click in the event commans window, change switch select the one you created and whoola
    p.s if you are using autostart on page 2 make sure it is set to push key
    hope this helps
    Cigarettes :chinese:

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    or, you could just make it Erase Event after the event is finished, but, thats just me. Do it whatever way you would like!

Years
    I know this is asking for alot, but can some1 pls make me :

Pokemon -- Brendan's Mom Charset
    Pokemon -- Common Man Charset [ i would greatly like it if you made atleast 2 diffrent ]
    Pokemon -- May's Mom Charset
    Pokemon -- 8 Gym Leader's CharSet [ Don't care from which region ]

THANKS IN ADVANCE PLS HELP ME

Regards,
    PokeDavid

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, you can get gym leaders from Avatar's website.
    You can download some others on gamingw.net

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2006
    This isnt pokemonish,but im making a harvest moon style game and i was wondering how to do a couple of thinhgs.How to you make an itam appear over a charecter like this:
    And how to make a picture spring out like this:https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/youngotaku/fomt_s2.jpg

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    For the item, I'd say make the character and animations with the item over its head, then go ahead, and, when you want to pick up the item, make you switch your Hero sprite Association to the new Sprite. Did that help in any way?

youngotaku

Collecter of Mews
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2006
    Yea thank you.Also can anyone anwser my second question? i dont really understand though...does that mean i have to make a new sprite for every item?

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    or you can use a picture event instead. either way, you need new things.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Yeah, with what I said, you would have to make a new sprite for each item.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    Here is my dumb question for the day, I'm sure. How do you make it, so when you look at a map, or you're map, it shows up on the screen, with that selecty thing on it? I'm sure this has an easy answer, I just am a little tired today, so, thus, can't exactly think straight.

Sam

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2006
    I'd like to see your Pokemon of the Wood DMMP.. but the link dont work.

santadidit102

GFX Artist
    Years
    youngotaku said:
    This isnt pokemonish,but im making a harvest moon style game and i was wondering how to do a couple of thinhgs.How to you make an itam appear over a charecter like this:
    And how to make a picture spring out like this:https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/youngotaku/fomt_s2.jpg

well the picture springing out thing is actually quite easy

you just have to use the "show picture as" feature in the event editor and
    choose the right cooridinates...when you dont want it there nemorer,just use erase picture (you numbered the picture) then the picture #

*pants*

Sam

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2006
    Hey, you can do this. Make an event and do this.. Click memorized position then click ID and make a variable called ID. Then click the X and mak a variable called X and click Y and make a variable called Y.
    Memorize Location: [0001], [0002], [0003] ( ID, X, Y)

Then click show pic, then under variable reference, put in X and Y variable
    Show Picture 1, ****Your Picture**** (V[0002],V[0003]) and set the magnification to small.. you will have to keep trying it out. If you have not made a pic try it. this is only my advice you know. That is what i done. Good Luck.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back