• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
    Sphere is a game creation engine.
    Geared towards console style rpg's but almost anything can be made in it.
    It uses the Javascript langauge for programming,but don't be scared if you have never programmed before you could pick it up easily.
    Also sphere is open source there are developments being made all the time.
    Like just yesterday I reported a bug and it was fixed in the same day,you wouldn't see that happen with rpg maker and sphere is leegal.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    cigarettes said:
    Is it easier to make a pokemon cbs in it?????????
    CBS's are just as complex no matter what you use. It really depends on what program you have mastered. If you know JavaScript use Sphere as it is better but if you don't then use RM2K.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    No-ones answered my question yet...
    Yamichi said:
    I'm making a completely new game in RPG Maker XP, and I want to know how to make a layered character sprite using 3 charsets (maybe using ruby script). Is this possible?

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
    As for a cbs,my opinion in the 4 years I've used rpg maker and 2 years using sphere(total of 5 because I only fully stoped using rpg maker about a year ago) is that it would be easier but would take you alot longer to do a cbs in rpg maker but that it would be harder in sphere but take less time.
    Like Phoenix316 said a cbs is complicated no matter what engine you use but there is only certain limit to the complexity,as logic would indicate the complexity goes up with the different facilities you get,i.e rpg maker -> Sphere ->Some high level languages like c/C++.

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
    Years
    Booda Sack said:
    Well I can try and help but be more specific,what do you need help with?

Pretty much everything. I kind of know how to start of the Game but not much more so i need help with simple stuff like NPCs, teleporting, etc first.

Bakura-kun

I AM the darkness... :P
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 5, 2008
    Hey! Why no-one answering me? I ask really important question. I want to have character customization in my new game, you see.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Yamichi said:
    Hey! Why no-one answering me? I ask really important question. I want to have character customization in my new game, you see.
    I guess nobody knows enough about rmxp. Try asking in the help forums at gamingw.

White_Light

Rm2k3 User
    Years
    cigarettes said:
    I need help i have a cbs and it won't work i get this message (please help)
    Hey I know a bit about picture-based menues etc. It is hard to make out what it wrong with you're game but I would say you are missing a certain file.. It sort of looked like the file was supposed to be in (D:)
    That is definately not a good thing..

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    White_Light said:
    Hey I know a bit about picture-based menues etc. It is hard to make out what it wrong with you're game but I would say you are missing a certain file.. It sort of looked like the file was supposed to be in (D:)
    That is definately not a good thing..
    It doesn't look like a missing file. It looks more like an application error or a virus. Have you tried following that link on your comp? Maybe that'll help. Also if you've added anything to that part of the battle system, just check that everything should work. Other than that I haven't got a clue, sorry.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
    Years
    Chances are it's that file! .pas is not a file type used by the rpg_rt.exe I think! Well I think it means Assertion Failure in file LGD_Picture.pas on line 448! Not sure if that helps! Just check the file location!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back