• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Game Dev Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2006
    You really do want to help... I never thought anyone would want to

sorry for the double post

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    If your gonna be doing a game and want help, show stuff, etc.... you should prob start a thread about your game.....

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2006
    well, The only way it can be a pokemon game is by making it have a (good) (there is the key word) cbs system. THe one I tried out on this site that someone else made wasn't so good. It was glitchy.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    Ok, for you to make a game, all you need is a maker and idea, you don't have to have a cbs to be able to post your game and even start your game. You start with everything else than go to that, when that one is done or you find one you like, and EDIT button is at bottom of posts if you didn't know. The game doesn't have to be "good" either, just a game, so make a thread about your game or something.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2006
    I already have a maker and an Idea, I have been working on the idea for 9 months.
    I have rpgmaker 2003 and xp but I am using 2003 for this verion, and I am counting on having ALL new pokemon and maybe some old ones. Also A new region.
    New Types: Light, Gravital, Rainbow(Color)

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
    Years
    Phoenix316 said:
    Jeff, you should stop making the same quotes every 12 hours. If nobody has replied then it's because nobody has the charsets and you'd probably be better off ripping them yourself.

Well.....I didn't mean to be rude. :\ Since many people are replying to other questions so fast, I didn't think no one would be reading it, so I just try to quote it again to let others remember the post. :surprised

Anyways, I don't have a ripping engine nor do I intend on getting one.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2006
    You get sprites from roms that were made illegally in japan and then illegally translated into english.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2006
    I am going to make my own thread on rainbow now so, if you want to talk about it go there.

Peekimon

Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
    Years
    As StreetxXxBadass said, even if you have the BEST CBS ever, your game won't prosper if you have very rushed maps.
    In all, to make a game, you need to think about it and the more effort you put in your game, the more it will prosper.
    Some examples are:
    PKMN Hidden Depths, PKMN Liquid, PKMN Light, PKMN Acanthite Version, PKMN Chosen Destiny (not bragging), PKMN Silk, PKMN Digital Network, PKMN Black Night and more...

To tell you the truth, these games were put much effort on, that they became the famous games as of this date.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    retsubty said:
    I already have a maker and an Idea, I have been working on the idea for 9 months.
    I have rpgmaker 2003 and xp but I am using 2003 for this verion, and I am counting on having ALL new pokemon and maybe some old ones. Also A new region.
    New Types: Light, Gravital, Rainbow(Color)

Well make a new thread about your game, and you can post all about it, your ideas, story, maps, etc....

Ya, jeff i agree, with all this stuff about retsubty stuff, my post hasn't been answered much if at all.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    Sorry for double post, but would have been way to long putting together. This will be my only double post........ :D

StreetxXxBadass said:
    Ok, new here, signed up to ask for some stuff. Using RM2k3

Went to the Resource page(the newest one) found some stuff but not much or what I needed. Went to the old on and everything so far that I have tried to open doesn't seem to work. When I click on an attachment it just sits at a blank page and does nothin.(don't know if its my internet but the new thread with stuff were working)

I'm looking for a Saffron and Cinnibar chipsets. Not to acutally use, but to see how some stuff was put in. I'm getting stuck on doing some stuff with them. The chipset(s) for the water routes.

I've seen the Island things for XP but nothing for RM2k3.

Also where could i find FAQs or some kinda Info on doing the Battle System, Apperance(ex. ?????-10% ?????-50% ?????40%)Menu System/Computer storage and whatnot.

Thanks

Sorry, my post has been pushed like 2 pages and i've only got little help......

I got the Gold/Silver maps.
    Saffron chip i found, but it doesn't have everything like I'm trying to get into mine,(buildings, silph co., 2 gyms, 4 entrance building things on four sides, center, mart, and other etc stuff) either will just try more on my/skip for now or if someone could help still.
    Need the FAQs still if any, have been to the CBS thread already, but if any FAQs on would appreciate.
    The Island set, with water going up and down on coast?? RM2k3
    Water routes chips, just to see and than make my own.

Think that would be it for now.

DarknessMonkey

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    I have a question, I am making an event to where the player isn't on the screen but you can view his stats & stuff in the Menu.
    Now each time I try it won't do it right, or it'll show the sprite right when you go to the menu, what do I do to make it just to view your stats & go into battle without turning the player off?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2009
    Well I know when I did my very first intro, to my DBZ game, I started out wiht blank character in the beginning. But for going into battle and seeing stats, I did.....

Fade out, than change to the blank char, than change map to battle, stats, etc...
    Than when you go back to the same.

Something like that, been awhile since i've messed with it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back