• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General game making help

Status
Not open for further replies.

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
  • In Pokemon Essentials, go to the script called SpriteResizer, and find...
    Code:
      @@width=480
      @@height=320
    Modify them to change your resolution, although, keep in mind this is a X2 scale. So if you wanted 240x200, you'd want to change the height to 400. After that you'll have to go through the other scripts, such as the ones for battles and adjust the position of things, which I don't recommend you do unless you're decent at scripting or figuring things out. Good luck.
    aw, it's too hard.. XD anyway, I will stick with the old
    oh! one more question, if I use a simple size tiles like in hacking it will working if I resize the resolution?

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2010
    I'm new to this stuff, and I was looking at the Moves.txt in the PBS folder as i wanted to add moves from Black and white, but i did not understand what the order everything had to be in, and i did not understand what the 8c, 2a, ED, (etc.) stuff ment along with bef, aef and abef. If someone could explain to wha that stuff means that would be greatley appreciated.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • I'm new to this stuff, and I was looking at the Moves.txt in the PBS folder as i wanted to add moves from Black and white, but i did not understand what the order everything had to be in, and i did not understand what the 8c, 2a, ED, (etc.) stuff ment along with bef, aef and abef. If someone could explain to wha that stuff means that would be greatley appreciated.

Read the file "notes.html" that comes with your starterkit.
    That should explain almost everything you need to know.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2012
    Hm this has been bothering me for awhile is there any possible way to port or change the game files from RMXP to that for ds format. I despreatly need this for an idea of a final fantasy remake..please provide information thanks...

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
    Years
  • Just asking, this sub-forum, is it just for Pokemon games?

I wanna make a game, non-Pokemon related. And I don't wanna seem like spamming, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years

I wanna make a game, non-Pokemon related. And I don't wanna seem like spamming, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Well if you were gonna post a game I would recomend the Drawing Board sub setion.
    And no, it is not just for pokemon games, even if they get the most attetion.

Cilerba

Years

If you're just starting off, then you should post your game in the Drawing Board section. Then, when you start to make more progress on your game, then PM one of the mods for this section, and they'll move it into The Showcase.

If you already have lots of progress on your game, then you can just post it straight into The Showcase and wait for it to be approved by a moderator. But, make sure you read the thread requirements first.

And no, either section is not for only Pokémon games, so you can post any other game that you're working on in one of the sections I mentioned above.
    I hope this helps you out a bit. Looking forward toward to seeing your game being posted.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
    Years

• If you're just starting off, then you should post your game in the Drawing Board section. Then, when you start to make more progress on your game, then PM one of the mods for this section, and they'll move it into The Showcase.

If you already have lots of progress on your game, then you can just post it straight into The Showcase and wait for it to be approved by a moderator. But, make sure you read the thread requirements first.

And no, either section is not for only Pokémon games, so you can post any other game that you're working on in one of the sections I mentioned above.
    I hope this helps you out a bit. Looking forward toward to seeing your game being posted.
    Thanks for the help. I wont be working on this game for awhile though. I have another Game I plan on making.

EDIT: Whats the size of a tile in RMXP?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2013
    heey i need some help with a script i'm making and a database
    i wanted to put this from data.txt
    name, lastname, callname, age
    name2, lastname2, callname2, age2

into this script

class Class_load
    def initialize
    @name_load
    @lastname_load
    @callname_load
    @age_load
    load_data
    end
    def load_data

end
    def show_load_data
    puts "Name: #{@name_load} #{@lastname_load}"
    puts "Callname: #{@callname_load}"
    puts "Age: #{@age_load}"
    end
    end

i wanted to load the right stuff in the right posistion so (name (from text) into @nameload) but i can't figure it out so please help me!!!!!!!

Cilerba

Years
  • I'm not sure there's a template for making tiles since they're almost always going to be different.
    However, there is a template for compiling a bunch of tiles onto a tileset.

Here, you can use this.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
    Years
  • I'm not sure there's a template for making tiles since they're almost always going to be different.
    However, there is a template for compiling a bunch of tiles onto a tileset.

Here, you can use this.
    Yeah, thats the type of thing I was looking for :)

EDIT: Is there a spriting tutorial for making trees? xD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2011
    Help me, please.

Hello, I'm paranoieew, a fan of some poké-hacks (Without Fakemons, ugh)
    I've got problems with RMXP. Because my computer don't got sound and I can't play any games. Can someone help me ? .-.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back