• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Generation V's Pokémon's Future Evolutions

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
  • With every Pokémon game to come out, there has been a few Pokémon that just don't have the stats or move-pool to be very viable for in-game or competitive use (except early in-game). Examples of such Pokémon include Golbat and Roselia in Gen I and Gen III respectively. Gen V has introduced some similar Pokémon, that are just begging for an evolution.

Personally, I think that Basculin needs an evolution, and I would really like to see how it turns out. I'm not sure whether Gamefreak will create one, but I imagine it would evolve into some sort of piranha/shark (similar to Sharpedo).
    Also, I wouldn't mind seeing an Emolga evolution, although I wouldn't want it to be ugly.

What Pokémon from Unova do you think will gain an evolution?

What Pokémon would you like to gain an (d)evolution in the next generation?

For non-Unova Pokémon, use this thread.

Don't be afraid to give a reason as to why.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • I think an Audino evolution would be cool! It's a lot like Chansey so why not? or maybe instead of an evolution it could be a pre-evolution.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I totally think Swoobat needs an evolution. It seems to me like the Zubat/Golbat/Crobat counterpart, so it needs a 3-stage line. Also, its stats are very lacking. I could foresee it evolving with a new type of evolutionary stone, or by a new method altogether.

Stunfisk. He's not bad as he is, but having an evolution would help out. Maybe he'd become more attractive-looking, and be based on a large mud-skipper.

How about a baby Druddigon? Druddigon is a decent Dragon-type on his own. A Dragon-type baby Pokemon would be an excellent concept.

What about baby Heatmor and Durant? That wouldn't be the first time a duo of counterparts both received baby forms. i.e. Elekid and Magby.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Was thinking of a pre-evo for both Throh and Sawk similar to how Tyrogue relates to the Hitmon family

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Awesome idea there. I think the pre-evo could possibly evolve based on how high its speed is when it reaches a certain level, since Throh has significantly lower speed than Sawk.

Mmm, I was wondering why those pokemon look very similar yet they dont belong in the same evolutionary line, although that is a similar case for Plusle and Minun

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Mmm, I was wondering why those pokemon look very similar yet they dont belong in the same evolutionary line, although that is a similar case for Plusle and Minun

Yes, but Plusle and Minun have a more obvious link: They are designed to work together in Double Battles. Throh and Sawk, on the other hand, have no in-game purpose together.

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Yes, but Plusle and Minun have a more obvious link: They are designed to work together in Double Battles. Throh and Sawk, on the other hand, have no in-game purpose together.

True....
    And while we're at it, what are the chances of having the "Hitmontop" of the Oni fighter duo?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I can see a lot of potential in a Munna branch evolution. Maybe make it a part Dark type. idk. But yeah, a lot of potential. I could see in a somewhat more on two feet figure.

A pre-evo for Bouffalant would make it a lot less obsolete from Tauros in some way if you know what I mean. I can see a little cute thing with the same size afro as Bouffalant.

I'd also like to see a Branch evolution to Ducklett, something a little more tough looking and less feminine.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • Swoobat - Previously mentioned to parallel Zubat line.

Basculin - When I first saw it I thought they would be stage 1 for something then when I found out they were stand alone I kind of was surprised at that. Include a branch evolution for the different forms.

Zestrika - Seemed pretty mediocre toward then later stages in the game compared to it's alternatives. So I'd be open to another evolution.

Druddigon - I don't care if it's an evolution or pre-evolution but I would like to see something added to it so it will have a line.

Add to Heatmor and Durant they seem like they could both have continuation of lines.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I like that they designed most Pokemon with evolutions, which just hints to me they won't be evolving Pokemon any time soon in the next generation :x

About 25 or so don't have evolutions, the rest do. If they add about 10, you'd get annoyed fans @ repeating DPPT, so... I just don't think many are likely.

I honestly don't think what we have can be improved upon. Actually wait, other than agreeing on the Zebstrika line (maybe it could be useful? lool) and a Liepard evolution, then there's not much I really want.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I was thinking Liepard as well. Too me it didn't really seem like much of a viable option especially by the time they started appearing in the wild around Nimbasa. I felt out of all the Dark types showcased in BW it was the worst out of all of them, at least in terms of battle prowess.

As much as I would like to see a Darmanitan evolution I think it's pretty strong as is.

Some of the stand alone seem to be pretty awesome pokemon as is like Sigilyph and Cryogonal(and I don't know how they could even expand upon its design outside of making it a bigger or small snowflake). Then there are others like Maractus where I just don't see the point of doing anything with it at all.

Musharna

~random artist appeared~
    Years
  • Well, Basculin really needs an evolution. With decent IVs and training it's a great Pokemon, it beat half of E4 for me. Has a nice move pool as well.

I'd love to see Darmanitan evolve! Darumaka is so cute, but then it evolves into this ugly monkey. Do not approve. It's a strong Pokemon but in my opinion needs a better looking final stage.

Also Emolga, Musharna, Audino, Stunfisk and Alomomola would be much better with another/more evos.

Years
  • Basculin evolutions would be cool, but at the same time, It would be REALLY similar to Sharpedo.

How about a druddigon evo? Not that we need more Dragons. Only if it would look cooler.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I think Druddigon needs a prevo, then give it's current form slightly higher stats. (It's a bit lackluster compared to Haxorus, and you can get Haxorus earlier than Druddigon.) Probably the same for Basculin, just because it could use some extra later-game power.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think Maractus needs an evolved form. By looking at its stats, I can tell that they're mediocre at best, save for Special Attack. Its evolved form could have higher offenses and Speed.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • What Pokémon from Unova do you think will gain an evolution?
    Hmmm both Durant and Heatmor; it would be awesome to see the "Enemies" of Unova have a final evolution. SO in that case, They should make Seviper and Zangoose evolve too

What Pokémon would you like to gain an (d)evolution in the next generation
    Hmmm......Spiritomb and Banette because it would be awesome for these two to evolve (since Dusclops got an evolution, what about Banette?)

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    -Basculin
    -Maractus
    -Audino (needs something else besides being the rare pokemon you want to faint for mega-experience)
    -Heatmor (needs something to make it stand out more, maybe a non-legendary Fire/Steel stype going with the furnace idea)
    -Durant (maybe something like, females could evolve to queens, others evolve to soldier ants or other types- so much wasted potential).

As for older pokemon I felt many 3rd gen pokemon would have gotten evolutions by now but if it was for the future-

-Sableye & Mawile (Mawile's an interesting pokemon but its stats are so low)
    -Luvdisc (maybe an Angelfish?)
    -Dunsparce
    -Delcatty could use another evolution, it's stats are just too bad to find it appealing
    -a Bug/Water alternative evolution to Surskit (maybe a diving bug?)- such an interesting typing, too bad Masquerain back to Bug/Flying
    -Volbeat/Illumise- I loved their designs but they need some more stats.
    -Absol- something with more Speed please?
    -Corsola- love the design but again, stats aren't strong enough
    -Banette- something to balance Duskull having another evolution
    -Carnivine- always felt it lacked something. Maybe a Grass/Dark with a new Insectivore ability that absorbs Bug moves? :p
    -Pachirisu- always thought of a flying squirrel before Emolga came in. Still I wish it had something with better stats. Same with Plusle/Minun but not sure what they could be (Electric/Fighting?)
    -Kricketune
    -Lumineon

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Maractus is my second favourite pokemon, its such a cutie. But unfourtanatley its stats are mediocre at best. I would love it if Maractus got the Roselia treatment, a prevo and an evolution. But I dont want them to make the evolution horrible.
    As for other generation pokemon what about Mawille. Plenty of potential for an evolution there. And make it dark type.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I'm thinking all those no evolution line Pokemon you get near the end of the game need a pre-evolution to make them more available and so that people might consider adding them to their team since most people have their team sorted out by that point of the game.

Back