• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genius vs. Gifted

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well I was a
    "Genius" when I was younger, then I kind of stopped caring about school, lolz

Sewzie

Too sexy for my shirt.
    Years
    Know someone of the two, or are you one of two of both?

I get annoyed by the fact that some people confuse gifted with genius, just so so-and-so can do math well doesn't mean he has proper etiquette.

I'll explain. Gifted means you're a genius in multiple areas, whereas genius very few, the rest of your skills are pretty average.
    Oh, I've always thought it was the other way around. (I mean, given Leonardo Da Vinci is considered a "genius" since he excels in a lot of areas) =D

Well, according to those definitions, I guess I'm a genius (? Can't really tell, tbh). I'm good at Math, History, and any subject that requires more thinking and less memorization (That means Science). I'm also pretty artistic and musical, being right-brained and all (I'm left-handed).
    But I can't really tell. Since it's "multiple" areas, I guess, "by definition", I'm supposed to be "gifted". But, tbh, my interest lies more on my artistic side (since school doesn't interest me, at the moment.).

Although, I know of one person who is definitely gifted. I guess you can say she's someone I can consider a "renaissance man".

Last edited:
    Back