• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Genocide and Crack

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    i really like these, you have a great style. i especially love the drifloon, and i'll have to keep my eye over for that sprite comic. however, i'm not crazy for the jumpluff cos the flowery/dandelion parts aren't... poofy enough?? ha. apart from that i think they're great, the masquerian is beautiful. keep up the great work :]

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    i really like these, you have a great style. i especially love the drifloon, and i'll have to keep my eye over for that sprite comic. however, i'm not crazy for the jumpluff cos the flowery/dandelion parts aren't... poofy enough?? ha. apart from that i think they're great, the masquerian is beautiful. keep up the great work :]
    Thanks, I'm glad you like them, particularly the style. I was worried it'd be too simple to look any good, but it seems to be liked somewhat ^^ I think I get what you mean about Jumpluff, seeing as I had similar thoughts on it myself. Maybe I'll edit it a bit.

But thanks again. Hopefully I churn out a strip or two soon enough ^^;;

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    They are nicely made but the Charizard needs some work, imo. The nails are square and the anatomy isn't great either.. Also the outlines would look better if you coloured them I think. Just my opinion, the sprites are fine I just don't like the style...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2017
    When this is the stuff you do when u r bored, i guess the stuff you do when u r not bored has to be better than nintendo's sprites

Well i really like all of those sprites.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    They are nicely made but the Charizard needs some work, imo. The nails are square and the anatomy isn't great either.. Also the outlines would look better if you coloured them I think. Just my opinion, the sprites are fine I just don't like the style...
    I didn't do much editing on the Charizard sprite, but the nails looked worse before I edited them. I suppose it was lazy to not edit them.

Eh, each to their own. I can't really please everyone aye? :)

Anyway, figured I might was well show something.

Genocide and Crack

I do need to make more frames :/

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I like how they're done, but I do recommend making them a slightly darker shade if your using black as an outline, or changing the outline to a lighter colour? Dark gray maybe?

I'll be waiting on more frames ;P.

Edit:

Just noticed the signature thing. The Drifloon is funny when it moves xD.

LaurenLOVESTONED

StrawberryFieldsForever
    Years
    Thanks, I'm glad you like them, particularly the style. I was worried it'd be too simple to look any good, but it seems to be liked somewhat ^^ I think I get what you mean about Jumpluff, seeing as I had similar thoughts on it myself. Maybe I'll edit it a bit.

But thanks again. Hopefully I churn out a strip or two soon enough ^^;;

you're welcome, i think simplicity on pokemon looks totally cute
    i'll keep an eye on you then cos i'd LOVE to see a comic about drifloon, or just anything from your work in general

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I like how they're done, but I do recommend making them a slightly darker shade if your using black as an outline, or changing the outline to a lighter colour? Dark gray maybe?

I'll be waiting on more frames ;P.

Edit:

Just noticed the signature thing. The Drifloon is funny when it moves xD.
    That's actually something I should do, thank you :)

lol, it's been a month and I still didn't do anymore frames :<

I miss that sig ;;

you're welcome, i think simplicity on pokemon looks totally cute
    i'll keep an eye on you then cos i'd LOVE to see a comic about drifloon, or just anything from your work in general
    hehe, well I haven't done another one in a while, so don't keep your hopes up ^^;;

Anyway, I've been working on some things over the past couple of weeks, nothing overly spectacular.

Genocide and Crack

I don't really like my choice of colours here, so I might edit this soon.

Genocide and Crack

The Awakened form of Priscilla from the series Claymore. Obviously I've yet to complete it, but I'm mostly happy with the lineart so far (based off an image found in some 4Koma panels). Some bits need fixing up though, but I'll leave that till once I start shading.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    uh ... okay.

Genocide and Crack

Just a trainer I felt like doing. Just a recoloured sprite really. I like the sparkles o3o

But then I saw an icon on LJ, and it led me to make what's below.
    Genocide and Crack
    Genocide and Crack
    Genocide and Crack

You all have already seen the Mantyke one I'm using now, but I made a couple more. It was pretty fun actually.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    The trainer looks pretty good, but what are the sparkles for? :P.
    Those trainer and Pokemon sprites are good aswell, I just think theres something up with the face of the Jirachi person. Though overall it's a good job. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Just to stop it dying, a sprite I posted a while ago, but was wiped from PC's memory during the spaz it had.

Genocide and Crack

Edit: Priscilla, Awakened form, finally completed! \o/

Genocide and Crack

Any thoughts? I still think it needs work, but it's 3.15 AM now and I'm not really in a state of mind to be concerned about them :P

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    The trainers a bit funny to me, but I don't know why.
    But the other sprite, I think it needs some lighter shading on it's head. It will make it a bit more natural with all the dark shading everywhere xD
    They look nice though :).

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The trainers a bit funny to me, but I don't know why.
    But the other sprite, I think it needs some lighter shading on it's head. It will make it a bit more natural with all the dark shading everywhere xD
    They look nice though :).
    hmm, you're being a bit vague, like, I don't even know what trainers you are talking about :P
    I assume you're talking about the latest sprite?
    hehe, thanks anyway :)
    I love every single one, but think that the Charizard needs a little more shading. Also, the Trainer that's bending over. Isn't that a bit.... You know.....?
    Thanks :D Yeah, I should put more effort into that, but it's cause it's so much bigger than the rest that it looks so undetailed.
    No, I don't. Care to explain further :P

Years
    uh ... okay.

Genocide and Crack

Just a trainer I felt like doing. Just a recoloured sprite really. I like the sparkles o3o

But then I saw an icon on LJ, and it led me to make what's below.
    Genocide and Crack
    Genocide and Crack
    Genocide and Crack

You all have already seen the Mantyke one I'm using now, but I made a couple more. It was pretty fun actually.

That last one. I think the outline on the back needs some lighter outlines. Maybe some more shades too. Nice anyway. ;)

~A.R

DiggorysGremlin

Screw Pokemon. Facepunch ftw.
    Years
    Never mind then. Also, your Trainer pokes [I don't know the correct term] are quite good. However, as previously stated, the Sandslash one needs a bit work on the back. Still, great work. You're definitely talented, and way better than most on SPPF. Which isn't saying much, but the 'way' bit can take over.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023

That last one. I think the outline on the back needs some lighter outlines. Maybe some more shades too. Nice anyway. ;)

~A.R
    hmm, more shades would probably improve the spines a bit, thanks :)
    Never mind then. Also, your Trainer pokes [I don't know the correct term] are quite good. However, as previously stated, the Sandslash one needs a bit work on the back. Still, great work. You're definitely talented, and way better than most on SPPF. Which isn't saying much, but the 'way' bit can take over.
    hehehe, thanks for the compliment, though there's always room for improvement on my part.

Edit: New sprite - Female Pokémon Trainer Gretchen
    Genocide and Crack

This is the first time I've done something in this style (without a black outline), so I'd like your thoughts on it.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I like this sprite, considering the size you had to work with. But I noticed some shading differences, the left legs shading doesnt really match the right legs, it looks a bit too long vertically. I also noticed a tiny dot on her hair, dunno why thats there, but it doesnt really fit well. Maybe just the normal colour or a darker shade would be better. But hey, im not the one to talk xD. Its good overall. Is that a cut on her shirt? (near the hip)

Back