• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get to know the PC staff!

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Well, I thought this would be a nice little thing to do. I mean, honestly, how many of you REALLY know the staff? I certainly don't! =P

Anyways, the point of this thread is for staff to post a little bit about themselves, and anyone is free to ask questions about anything they'd like to know about the staff. I doubt all of the staff will participate, however, so don't give your hopes up!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, here's a little bit about me:

My real name is David, and I was born in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada. Throughout my life, I've moved around quite a bit. Not an extravagant number of times, but certainly once or twice more than the average person. I have red hair, and I was bullied a lot because of it until like grade 6. I'm not sure why, though, bullying makes no sense, let alone being bullied for a normal hair colour. Oo;

Currently, I live at my families farm far out into the countryside, and I'm almost finished 10th Grade at the closest highschool. My school has an overpopulation of drug addicts, sadly, so many kids are under the influence. Thankfully, I have a large group of friends at school whom do not want to get near drugs, even though they do stupid stuff sometimes that gets them into trouble! I graduated Public School with the "Top Academic Male" Award, but since then I think being at PC has killed a few braincells, so I get marks that are 5-10% above provincial standards.

Interests... interests... Well, I enjoy listening to music, and I don't really have any specific genre preference. The only exceptions are pop and rap, because I follow the belief: you can't spell crap without rap. I play video games, mostly RPG games like games from the Tales series, and I'm somewhat interested with the japanese culture. I've also recently started writing stories a lot for no real reason.

If I can think of anything else, I'll post more later, but thats about it for now. oo;

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
    Years
    This is an excellent idea. I would like to get to know more of the staff than I have come into contact with. I don't have a question right now, but maybe after more of the staff members post information about themseleves I will come back with some curiosity. : ]].

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
    I'm not sure......aren't they the ones that call people n00bs and stuff?.......I may be wrong....but I'm still not sure.........

Edit: HOPEFULLY I'm wrong,but I'm not sure..

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
    Years
    Rioku_Zanketa said:
    I'm not sure......aren't they the ones that call people n00bs and stuff?.......I may be wrong....but I'm still not sure.........

The staff? No. The staff are normally kind people, who attempt to help everyone. Although, they are only human, and sometimes loose their tempers like the rest of us, on average, no they are the best of the best here.

Rioku_Zanketa

Years
    oh,ok...then that must be the webmasters then.....(like I said,I'm not sure,so correct me if I'm wrong)sure I would like to get to know them,I guess!!!

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Rioku_Zanketa said:

We're not allowed to, really. We may make the occasional reference in our own little chats, but we never call them 'n00bs' to their faces. Or at least I think it's that way....

Ahem. I'm William, but I prefer the middle name Max. I've lived in southern New Jersey my entire life. My current school hasn't played host to any drug arrests or shootings that I know of due to the fact that many of those that do are usually caught in the morning and reported to the nurse right away as per state law. However, this hasn't averted two pregnancies in the school, one in my class (in the middle of a birth control course!) and one among the sophomores.

Like David, I don't have a real preference in music or television. I'll listen to anything — as a result you'll see me making the occasional reference to the BBC, to songs from the 80s, or even to American Idol. I work as a cashier at a supermarket — a 'tillmonkey' as my friend calls it — and can often be found pacing in the city talking to myself on some occasions.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Rioku_Zanketa said:
    oh,ok...then that must be the webmasters then.....(like I said,I'm not sure,so correct me if I'm wrong)sure I would like to get to know them,I guess!!!

No the Webmastering Community is quite nice, being leader of the Group @ PC I can say that proudly and genuinely.

Also David, I feel as like we are closer now knowing your history XD and btw what stupid stuff does your friends do?

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Axel said:
    Well, I thought this would be a nice little thing to do. I mean, honestly, how many of you REALLY know the staff? I certainly don't! =P
    *raises hand* XD

*pokes David* Subway d;

This may be interesting.

Drifblim

Banned
    Years
    Right, you do realise that this is where the staff posts their info and they take personal questions here?

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Aww, this is such a wonderful idea David~! =D I like the idea of the members getting to know a little bit more about us~ ^_____^

Hi, my name is Kelsey! =3 Yes, that is my real name. XD I'm currently sixteen years old, soon to be seventeen on November 7th (I share my birthday with the OVP Mod, Crystal Walrein, talk about coincidences XD). I'll be a Junior in high school next year as well. X3 I live in Minnesota, the land of 10,000 lakes...which, to my dismay, means like millions of mosquitos. XD; I've lived here all my life, though I would love to one day travel abroad and visit places like New Zealand, Japan or Greece. :3

I have three siblings: an older brother (20 years old), a younger sister (13 years old) and a younger brother (10 years old). And while all of them can get on my nerves at times, I do love them...not like I have a choice - they're family afterall. XD I also have a West Highland White Terrier named Sodapop and a Budgerigar Parakeet named Kiwi. I used to have a few Bearded Dragons - one named Socretese and one named Zeus, though sadly they died shortly after adopting them. ;;~

Let's see...some general things about me...well, my favorite color is blue. My favorite animal is the wolf. <3 And my favorite food is salmon (or Chinese food!! XD). I am on the tennis and track teams at school~ I adore sports and playing outside, tennis being my favorite sport to play, hence why I joined the team. n____n And I love to run, so of course track would be a great way for me to put my skills to good use. ;D

As for other interests, I'm really into artistic things~ Drawing being one of my aspirations. ^^ I love the feeling of being able to create something that's unique and something only you can envision. When I draw, I feel as though I'm creating a world all my own, almost like creating an anime or other cartoon series I suppose. X3 I also like to read, mostly science fiction and fantasy novels. I love magic and things that are surreal like demons and magical creatues and alternate worlds, etc. Immersing yourself into a good book is such a wonderful way to pass the time too. <3~

As for PC life, I joined PC on August 29th, 2004. I believe I had the account Pikawolf or something like that. XD Then I went to Kelsey...then Mori Seirei...then for a little bit it was Vaporeon...then Typhlozion...then Rika...and now Natsuki. XD; Yeah I know, TONS of name changes. oo; I was first modded on February 4th, 2005, modded for about nine months, then quit due to personal issues~ And then I was remodded some time a few months ago (forgot when it was XD) after things settled down. =3

Well, I'll end my post there and answer any questions you guys come up with or if I think of anything else to say, I'll just add it. XD

~Kelsey

Rioku_Zanketa

Years
    ThEoNeAnDoNlY555 said:
    Maybe sometimes the staff should be allowed to call people n00bs, because sometimes it's deserved.
    well,that just takes back everything I though about staff and webmasters.....have a nice day!!^__^

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Hey David, I have a question for you. ^^;; Seeing as you didnt mention it but what do you like for anime? Same question for you Kelsey. XD I'm just curious because I like to know what people like for anime. ^_^;;

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Rioku_Zanketa said:
    well,that just takes back everything I though about staff and webmasters.....have a nice day!!^__^
    What was that about?

Natsuki said:
    Well, I'll end my post there and answer any questions you guys come up with or if I think of anything else to say, I'll just add it. XD

~Kelsey

Do you have any music preferences? Do you like music? XD

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Inuyasha puppychu said:
    Hey David, I have a question for you. ^^;; Seeing as you didnt mention it but what do you like for anime? Same question for you Kelsey. XD I'm just curious because I like to know what people like for anime. ^_^;;

Well, as for specific series, I really love Inuyasha, Air, Wolf's Rain, My HiME and Full Metal Alchemist. :3 I've been following all of those series, three of which I have already finished (Air, Wolf's Rain and FMA). I am also a huuuuuuge fan of Hayao Miyazaki's work. <33 Spirited Away was a masterpiece, just as all of his works are. I've also seen Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbor Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service.

As for anime genre, I really like fantasy and drama - though I'm up for anything that has to do with anime~ ^^

Samurai X said:
    Do you have any music preferences? Do you like music? XD

Yes, I do like music, I'm not that weird. XD I'll listen to almost anything, I really enjoy alternative rock and country. X3 Some of my favorite bands are Maroon 5, Evanescence and Linkin Park. :33 I'm also a Kelly Clarkson and Shania Twain fan. =D

~Kelsey

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Inuyasha puppychu said:
    FMA and Inuyasha are two of the best animes. I thought you liked Gundam SEED/Destiny too? o.o

I do, I just didn't mention all the series I like since my list would be incredibly long. XD; GS and GSD are wonderful, mainly because Kira is hot. <33 *steps on everyone who says he's a cry baby* O.<;; Lacus Clyne is a sweetie too, I love her outfits. XD;

Shinn's extremely attractive as well. :x

~Kelsey

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Natsuki said:
    Yes, I do like music, I'm not that weird. XD I'll listen to almost anything, I really enjoy alternative rock and country. X3 Some of my favorite bands are Maroon 5, Evanescence and Linkin Park. :33 I'm also a Kelly Clarkson and Shania Twain fan. =D

~Kelsey

*pokes Kelsey* You never mention you were an LP fan when we talked in MSN kelsey xD
    It's great that your an alternative rock type, the only country I may like is from Carrie Underwood or Gretchel Wilson~

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Karasuma said:
    *pokes Kelsey* You never mention you were an LP fan when we talked in MSN kelsey xD
    It's great that your an alternative rock type, the only country I may like is from Carrie Underwood or Gretchel Wilson~

I don't mention a lot of things. XD Carrie Underwood is pretty good, though I haven't heard a lot from her now that I think about it. o_o;

Anyway, to add more to my little biography~ I suppose I could tell you guys what I'm studying to be once I grow up. X3 I'm hoping to become a veterinarian. I have a big fascination for animals and their anatomy, so I've been taking biology and other science classes to help me once I get to college. I took AP (Advanced Placement, or "Advanced" if you prefer) Biology this year and it sure helped...although my teacher was very hard to understand...I practically taught myself in that class. XD;

If for whatever reason my dream of becoming a veterinary surgeon doesn't work out, I suppose I'd like to use my talents in the field of art and become a professional artist. ^____^

~Kelsey

Back