• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting back into collecting cards

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2018
    Well the last time I got a card was 2001 and back then I could go into any KB Toys or Walmart and buy a pack of Pokemon cards, you couldn't go anywhere without seeing them for sale. Now yesterday I went into Walmart to buy a pack of cards and I couldn't find a single pack what so ever. So do I have to buy them online?

Years
  • Target is a great place to start. It has a whole...uh...stand, yeah, stand just for trading cards. A good chunk belongs to Pokemon. Fred Meyer also has a small selection. Toys R us is also a good place, and random game stores have them (and of course, card shops).

Years
  • Well the last time I got a card was 2001 and back then I could go into any KB Toys or Walmart and buy a pack of Pokemon cards, you couldn't go anywhere without seeing them for sale. Now yesterday I went into Walmart to buy a pack of cards and I couldn't find a single pack what so ever. So do I have to buy them online?

In addition to the places sarahmib mentioned, Wal-Mart does in fact have Pokémon cards. You just have to know where to look. In 99% of Wal-Mart stores I've been in, mixed into the registers, either being on one end or in the middle on the outside of the "newsstand"/book section, depending on the store's store type (iirc, only Wal-Mart Supercenters have the "newsstand" section, while in regular Wal-Mart stores it's at the end of the registers furthest from the doors, typically).

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen yesterday
    Our local Walmarts use to have them in a middle checkout lane that wasn't used. But recently they moved them closer to the self check out lanes. Since they are now actually right in front of the workers hopefully now people can't rip the cards open and throw the cards onto the shelf below, this is very common at my local Walmart.
    Anyways stores here that sell Pokemon cards include Walmart, Toys r Us(Overpriced), Meijer, Target, Walgreens(Only the current set boosters), Gamestop(Seemed to have opened a booster box and were selling the packs singly for 3.99.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2018
    Yeah I checked everywhere and couldn't find them. Unless Big Lots carries them.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • Have you tried Amazon yet, Number151? I've recently got back into collecting cards, and have ordered several various boxes, tins, separate cards etc from them a few times.
    They stock quite a good amount on there :)

Years
  • I get mine from certain comic shops, Walmart, Target, sport/coin collector stores, EB games, and Toys R Us. Usually Target, as there are a few in town. But for $4 dollars most packs at this place near home, that's my favorite.

With some of the those organized events are players that tend to bring cards for trading with them.

Back