• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Getting bored of W/F/G?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2007
    I am getting bored of the same old water fire grass starter rotuine, anyone think they will change it up a bit?

1nintendofanZ

The One Who Makes It Happen
    Years
  • NO, in fact with the fact that it's been around since the first games which has been 10 yrs. Hence the 10th anniversary. 10 years of the same thing usually doesnt change. So it's very unlikely.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
  • ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Yeah, Nintendo is a stickler for tradition and Pokemon has been a very formulaic series overall, so there's no way they would change the starter types.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Years
  • I think the Water, fire and grass starters are great. And they should and will stick to them! Why change them now? There is no point! although, i did hate the 2nd and 3rd grass starters! Lol, but that is my personal view so i don't want to start an argument! But ye, they won't change them!

tyranisneasel

Crazy Dark Master
    Years
  • I agree that they won't be changed, but they REALLY need more starter 3-evos like Venasaur, Charizard, Blaziken, and Swampert. In other words, they need to be dual-type! Sceptile, Blastoise, and all the 2nd gen starters suck!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

What are you talking about? Sceptile is the best Grass starter out there.

Years
  • aragornbird said:

I am afread i have to disagree, this is because i personally do not like the pokemon as a whole! I never did like the grass starters, bulb, i could handle but the other two did my head in!

enyce

banned
    Years
  • aragornbird said:

Agreed, but the only thing wrong with it is that its god ugly. It learns the best grass attack wich happens to be leaf blade.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    garra_of_the_desert said:
    I am afread i have to disagree, this is because i personally do not like the pokemon as a whole! I never did like the grass starters, bulb, i could handle but the other two did my head in!

Probably because you taught them bad moves or something. Sceptile IS the best grass starter as it is extremely fast, is the sole learner of Leaf Blade (the best Grass move in the game), has the highest Special Attack out of all three Grass starter, and it can also annoy with the Leech Seed+Substitute combo.

Years
  • aragornbird said:

Probably because you taught them bad moves or something. Sceptile IS the best grass starter as it is extremely fast, is the sole learner of Leaf Blade (the best Grass move in the game), has the highest Special Attack out of all three Grass starter, and it can also annoy with the Leech Seed+Substitute combo.

I never used it so i couldn't teach it bad moves. I though the best grass one was that plant frenzy or something like that. Erm.. Hyper Beam for grass's! Oh wait sorry, that is Leaf ?Green, sorry! erm... but i will agree with you that it has a good Sp. Attack stat!

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years

Hyper Beam and elemental Hyper Beams like Frenzy Plant suck because you'll always have to recharge and you can't switch out while recharging.

Sorry for getting off topic. Just thought you all needed to know that.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 24, 2009
    tyranisneasel said:
    I agree that they won't be changed, but they REALLY need more starter 3-evos like Venasaur, Charizard, Blaziken, and Swampert. In other words, they need to be dual-type! Sceptile, Blastoise, and all the 2nd gen starters suck!

blastoise ruled!
    vensour and fralgator sucked.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • i would like to see a Grass/Poison, Water/Ice and Fire/Rock starters in the new games. that way they wouldnt change the starter types just add on.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The Grass/Fire/Water tradition is too deep-seeded to just abandon now. Besides, the only other three elemental types that create a good triangle would be Psychic/Fighting/Dark..and all three of those elements are too powerful to just give out at the beginning.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
  • They can't change the three starter types because no other type combo works as well. For example, if the combo was Fighting/Psychic/Dark, that wouldn't work since psychic attacks don't affect dark Pokemon at all. It would be unfair.

Also... Bulbasaur is THE best starter. EVER.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I see absolutely no reason why they should change the starters. Not only are Water, Fire and Grass all very useful types, but the starters types have also become a tradition.

A Flying > Fighting > Rock triangle would be interesting though.
    blastoise ruled!
    vensour and fralgator sucked.
    That spelling scares me. ;-; And Venusaur and Feraligatr (I assume those two were the ones you meant when you said ''vensour'' and ''fralgator''.) don't suck. <.< I agree that there are much better Water types out there than Feraligatr, but Feraligatr is a killer if used right. And I have absolutely no idea where you got the crazy idea of Venusaur sucking, but I'm pretty sure you just gave it some ridiculous moveset like Razor Leaf, Solarbeam, Sunny Day and Synthesis or something like that, which would explain why you think it sucks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Fighting-Psychic-Ghost, then. Or Grass-Rock-Flying. Or Fire-Ice-Ground. There are a bunch of combinations that would reasonably work.

But I prefer the tradition.

Back