• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Getting Gen II Pokemon to Gen IV Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolkidmitch

Ace Trainer
Years
  • So as we all know, Dex completion is an awesome part of D/P. Well, being that most of the times i dont have an "OMGSHINY!" to trade for a Lugia and Ho-oh, how are am I suppose to complete my Dex D:

So as my friend and I had this discussion, she realized she still has her copy of Crystal! So Huzzah! We have more pokemon for dex completion....but wait, how am I suppose to get these pokemon to my DS D:

We have a GBA in our reach AND GBA games. Is there ANY WAY to get Gen II pokemon to either Gen IV or even Gen III games?!

Please Help!!! I know its possible because I have the gen II starters i traded for through wifi! So I know it can happen!

welp after some research looks like its impossible. For those that were curious XD

Last edited:

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I don't think it is possible. Once you've completed your sinnoh dex you get access to the national dex. At that point you can go to the pal park. Afaik every pokemon that you can't get in the regular areas of sinnoh are available through pal park, even the legendaries.

Farasha

The Eevee Lady
    Years
  • The problem with Pal Park is that you have to migrate those Pokemon from somewhere. The DS isn't backwards-compatible with GB/GBC, so you can't migrate Pokemon directly from Gen II games. And I don't think it's possible to trade Gen II Pokemon to Gen III games, which you can migrate from.

I'm trying to figure this out as well... good luck!

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Sorry but it's impossible, you simply cannot migrate or trade Pokémon from generation II to generation IV. Why? I don't know myself. If you ask me it is ridiculous. But what I would like is to go banging on Nintendo's door demanding a damn good reason why they made it like that so you can't trade from generation I and II to generations III and IV XD.

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Sorry but it's impossible, you simply cannot migrate or trade Pokémon from generation II to generation IV. Why? I don't know myself. If you ask me it is ridiculous. But what I would like is to go banging on Nintendo's door demanding a damn good reason why they made it like that so you can't trade from generation I and II to generations III and IV XD.

You can't trade from the 1st 2 gens due to obvious reasons, such as stat chianges like the Special stat being split into Sp. Att and Sp Defence. and stuff like that, you know.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • You can't trade from the 1st 2 gens due to obvious reasons, such as stat chianges like the Special stat being split into Sp. Att and Sp Defence. and stuff like that, you know.

Actually, the Special stat was split in Gen II, yet you could still trade Pokemon from Gen I.
    The reason that Gen I and II games aren't compatible with Gen III and IV games, is because of the great differences between the GB/GBC and the GBA/DS. They're systems are waaay too different to allow trading...

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    the in game structure is different so you can't.. but you can get some of gen 2 pokemon.. legendaries are available if you can get a gameshark and use a cheat to teleport to the event place (nevel rock, faraway island etc) then palpark them, i think its legit as long as you catch lugia and ho-oh in nevel rock, mew in faraway island ETC

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • No way to get that, sorry. You can't send Gen II pokémon into gen III or following.

And since there is no other answer, the question is solved, and nothing else can be said...

~Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back