• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Getting to Know The Community

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2023
Hey guys, so I know this sounds like kind of a weird discussion to have on the forum, but I just feel like I don't really know anyone in the community!

I've had interest in the ROM Hacking Community since 2008 (I was only 8 years old!) and throughout the entire time that I've played ROM hacks and left comments and watched video tutorials on hacking and tried to start my own projects, etc., I've never really gotten to know anyone on the forum. I love this website so much, not only because of my love for Pokemon and hacking, but because of how positive and supportive everyone on it is. That's hard to find on the internet nowadays. Sadly, I don't really feel like I'm a part of the community, a titular concept and presumable goal of the website. I don't have any friends on this forum! I want to fix that.

I feel like we could make some really cool projects and have a lot more fun if we all got to know each other more. We could talk about ROM Hacking history, our favorite hacks, our personal interests, lives, families, etc. It could be really great.

Does anyone have any idea about how this could be possible to achieve? Something like a mass Skype call or a discord server. I hope someone has a good idea. I want to get to know the people that contribute so much to this forum, and make it a more special place. I've always wanted to give back to the website, and maybe creating a closer community is what I'll do. What are your thoughts? Is this a stupid idea, or is it feasible?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 28, 2022
Hey guys, so I know this sounds like kind of a weird discussion to have on the forum, but I just feel like I don't really know anyone in the community!

I've had interest in the ROM Hacking Community since 2008 (I was only 8 years old!) and throughout the entire time that I've played ROM hacks and left comments and watched video tutorials on hacking and tried to start my own projects, etc., I've never really gotten to know anyone on the forum. I love this website so much, not only because of my love for Pokemon and hacking, but because of how positive and supportive everyone on it is. That's hard to find on the internet nowadays. Sadly, I don't really feel like I'm a part of the community, a titular concept and presumable goal of the website. I don't have any friends on this forum! I want to fix that.

I feel like we could make some really cool projects and have a lot more fun if we all got to know each other more. We could talk about ROM Hacking history, our favorite hacks, our personal interests, lives, families, etc. It could be really great.

Does anyone have any idea about how this could be possible to achieve? Something like a mass Skype call or a discord server. I hope someone has a good idea. I want to get to know the people that contribute so much to this forum, and make it a more special place. I've always wanted to give back to the website, and maybe creating a closer community is what I'll do. What are your thoughts? Is this a stupid idea, or is it feasible?

An excellent place is the PokéCommunity Discord server; there's a dedicated ROM-hacking section which will likely be what you're looking for.

Back