• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ghost photographed?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I'm going to go with my belief that the image is a fake. It's no different than any other images of "ghosts" floating around, and the tragedy that took place years before could just be what the creators of the image intended to base it off of. I simply don't believe in ghosts.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
    This was a headline on Unexplained-Mysteries...</plug> But yeah. If that is a fake, I'd really like to know how that was done. I think it would be pretty difficult...at least from my experience from image editing. Though I'm no expert.

I do believe in ghosts, by the way.

Doesn't make me a paranormal idiot who will believe anything, though...I've seen plenty of ghost pics, but I dunno, this one just stands out for some reason to me.

If this thing's for real, though, I'd like to know the heck these people don't notice these pictures until looking through them like 10 years later. Why doesn't something like that stand out? XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    To me it just looks like a reflection the camera lens was facing.

But IMO, it looks really, really fake.

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    Well it looks kind of fake...then again it looks ghostly o.o
    I don't know but I think it's a fake ><;

altarialover :t334:

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts or not. I've heard stories of "encounters" from sources that I consider to be pretty reliable though. My sister used to waitress at an old resort which is rumored to be haunted. She has told me several stories that she has no explanation for, and which really freak me out.

Onto this situation, though. I really have no idea as to whether the image has been tampered with or not. Only the dude who took the picture and the dude in the picture know that. And if indeed they did edit the photo, they sure as heck aren't about to tell anyone. Obviously, in this day and age, it's not too difficult to alter images.

Here's a site with a plethora of proven digitally tampered photographs, some of which were published in high profile magazines. Time, NewsWeek, and National Geographic to name a few.

This is a very recent incident of photo doctoring. Adnan Hajj took a photo of the aftermath of a bombing in the Israel-Lebanon conflict earlier this year. The image was clearly altered to include additional smoke, as well as darkening the smoke overall to create a more dramatic effect on the viewer.

Clearly, digitally altering photographs is easier than ever. Whether or not this photo was altered with or not is only known by the two men involved. It would be interesting to see what an expert would have to say about it after examining it.

Aside from all of that though, is it just me or does the "ghost" in the image look like more of a male than a female?? o.o

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I personally think that it's EXTREMELY FAKE.
    Was it taken by a digital camera, though? The negative could prove otherwise.. or if he kept the photo on his camera that could be a different reason..

*shrugs*

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Aside from all of that though, is it just me or does the "ghost" in the image look like more of a male than a female?? o.o

looks more like an old man to me, maybe some random person that walked past at the time, and they didn't see him/her (i know i sometimes miss details)

otherwise, it looks fake :cross-eye but i draw no complete conclusion or opinion until the truth is pulled out of the hat, if it is. unless said picture is proven to be real or unreal, i take no sides :shocked:

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    I agree, I believe it's not actually a ghost.

Why would he want that picture of him not looking at the camera anyway?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I dont believe in the kind of ghost that just walks around like that. They have to have their head half torn off before I believe it. And besides, its just a guy in the background.

xcutedivisionx

[[Pair :: Charizard_maa]]
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2007
    I personally think that he either took the picture and then edited that pic of the lady in, or someone is really standing there and he is just claiming that she isn't to get a lot of attention.

Years
    Seriously, its called "pixel art" and "copying photos off the internet".

That isn't pixel art, if it is a fake, its called photo manipulation.
    Pixel art is VERY different
    (sorry, I'm a pixel artist)

I'm no believer in ghosts
    but ya never know wether this is fake or real

Back