• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GhostlyPhoenix's Dump

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    GhostlyPhoenix's Fakemon/General Pokemon Fan Art

Hey there. I felt like making a thread to show off my digital Pokemon-themed art (since I FINALLY got able to post addresses of other sites! :P), and I should be updating this time by time as I get something new to showcase. In the meantime, enjoy what I have to show off... I don't think my stuff is as good as most of you guys', but whatever:

Spoiler:

This is basically a Pokemon splice between two of my favorite Pokemon: Gardevoir and Garchomp. I must say that I actually like how it turned out, with a cartoonish feel to it and such.

Spoiler:

This one is a drawing showing off a Gardevoir once again. Although the program I used to make it isn't as eficient as Photoshop/GIMP, it didn't come out that bad.

Spoiler:

Attempt at making a wombat Fakemon. I decided to call it "Chubat", as I came up with this name upon mixing up the words "chubby" and, obviously, "wombat".

Spoiler:

This one was supposed to be another Fakemon... a grasshopper one, by the name of "Agipest" (pretty much a mixture of the words "agility" and "pest"). It turned out pretty meh, so eh. :(

Spoiler:

Sabrina, pretty much as seen in HG/SS. At first, I thought her new design was pretty lame, as it doesn't really go well in a PSYCHIC gym leader... but I suddenly started to like it for whatever reason. I'm not really happy with the shading and the outlines of this one, though.

Spoiler:

This was going to be my avatar here at PC, but I shortly got fed up with it for whatever reason (perhaps because I didn't waste much time making it or whatever). I feel like showing it off here in this thread, though, just so that you have something to laught at upon seeing my stuff. :P Kiddin'.

So, that's pretty much it. Please let me know what you think of my art. Suggestions/criticism are also greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    good work.
    yeah as the otheres say, outline should be a bit small.
    hmm.. give a background to the first img.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    nice stuff, you've got good eyes for colour by the looks of it.
    I'll avoid repeating stuff thats been said before but i ill say this:
    To get better, think about having a consistant light source, your shading seems to be all over the place, althoguth none of it is particularly wrogn as sucyh, just it all appears from different directions.
    :3 keep it up~

LEXAcide

That 1 Guy
    Years
  • Great Pieces!

I would recommend practicing on the limbs though. The legs look a little too muscular. That might work a little bit better on a male character. Practice makes perfect ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Whoa, I really wasn't excepting to get so many comments. ^_^ Thanks for the compliments, y'all.

To get better, think about having a consistant light source, your shading seems to be all over the place, althoguth none of it is particularly wrogn as sucyh, just it all appears from different directions.

The reason why I shade whatever I create that much is to give more volume to my drawings. I guess I shall actually follow your advice, though, as I have been getting tons of critiques in regards to my own shading style.

I would recommend practicing on the limbs though. The legs look a little too muscular. That might work a little bit better on a male character. Practice makes perfect ;)

Yeah, people have always seemed to dislike these on my female characters... I pretty much try to make their limbs look realistic, but they actually end up too muscular. :S I'll do my best to avoid them to look that bad on my next drawings, though.

these are great drawings with unfitting title (GhostlyPhoenix's Dump)

I couldn't come up with anything more creative. :< Uh, well, I guess, however, that I can change it to something more suitable. Huh...

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2009
    Wow, I definitely see some potential here. Keep working at it, you have a good talent.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Interesting, but your lines are very, very thick. Too thick, to be honest. I bet they'll look a lot better if you loosen up the thick lines a bit.

Sabrina's body looks very lanky. Don't try to define the joints so much, it makes her look very sick or something :p

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    Thanks for the tips - I attempted to apply what you suggested in this drawing I've just made of Gardevoir (gawd, I am addicted to Gardevoir way too much... X_X) - personally, I reckon this is the best drawing I have made with GIMP so far... of course, though, I got to know you guys's opinions as well. :P

Spoiler:

Despite thinking it turned out quite good, I'm not very pleased with the lightsource... oh well.

Years
  • good work on fixing your lineart, but I really do recommend you try drawing from real life for a while, especially if you're keen on improving. Try posemaniacs.com, create a scrapbook of skeletal and animal references, ease off the filters and effects and try to find proper digital tutorials, or better yet, try experimenting with traditional medium.

Good luck!

Years
  • GhostlyPhoenixs Dump

Out of all them I think Alexis might need to be fixed. The legs are a bit off but asides from that its really good. It sucks that I cant sue my scanner right now or Id be posting my pics too. Ahwell. I wonder what youll come up with next?

Back