• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] "Ghosts" alongside normal Pokemon?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Hey all,

So the title is a little confusing, but I'm hoping to have a map where I can include the GHOST Pokemon (that can't be caught etc) but also have other kinds of catchable Pokemon appear. The only scripts I've found have set a switch to have a whole area encounter be GHOST and then switch off when it's done.

I did think about having an event autorun in all the areas I want both to appear that will set a variable to X thing, and whenever the variable is a specific number it will turn on the Switch for X seconds which can bring an encounter and then when it's over it's off again. The idea is these kinds of GHOST Pokemon are rarer encounters and quite strong, so I wouldn't want to overload the player.

I have set the supposed GHOST Pokemon as it's own seperate type in the Pokemon PBS etc

tl;dr

How can I edit up the usual GHOST script that I can encounter uncatchable Pokemon rarely but also encounter the catchable ones?

EDIT:

the alternative is have Pokeballs as a whole be unable to be used on specific Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ego13

hollow_ego
    Years
    Hey,

this shouldn't be too hard. But i don't recommend using events for that. They can slow down your game. Instead you can just modify the ghost scrìpt. I don't know what it looks like so i can't tell you what to change.

Depending on how it's set you can modify it to generate a random number and if it is a certain value it will create a ghost encounter, else a normal one

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Okay awesome, thank you :)

I managed to figure it out slightly different, I just set an if pokemon.species = whatever pokemon then it'll block the Pokeball instead, but thanks so much for the help :D

Back