• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gimmick UU Sandstorm - T_S is back O_O

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Intro:

Eh, I'm back and I suck. I'll admit it. I thought I might try my hand at making a UU team, before I go back to the big boys. Enter gimmicky UU sandstorm team :O

Line-Up:

- - -

Hippopotas@Leftovers
    Impish
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def

Stealth Rock
    Earthquake
    Slack Off
    Yawn / ???

Yes, I intend to sweep with this... (end joke)

Considering it has 'some' bulk to it, It can be useful I suppose... *cough*

- - -

Mismagius
    Timid
    180 HP / 110 SpA / 220 Spe

Calm Mind
    Substitute / Pain Split
    Hidden Power Fighting
    Shadow Ball

Rapid Spin blocker, but also is deadly after a few CM's. Not sure about sub in SS though.

- - -

Nidoqueen@Lefovers
    Impish
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Poison Point

Earthquake
    Toxic Spikes
    Roar
    Taunt

Takes fighting moves like a pro. Absorbs opposing TS and dishes out own. Roar to shuffle and Taunt cuz I like it ;)

- - -

Cacturne@Leftovers
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Sucker Punch
    Seed Bomb
    Swords Dance
    Substitute

Cacturne is here to cover my Cacturne weak... nuff said.

Sand Veil abuse at it's finest.

- - -

Milotic@Leftovers
    Bold

148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpDef

Recover
    Ice Beam
    Surf
    Light Screen

Sets screens and provides resistence to opposing waters etc.

- - -

Regirock@Leftovers
    Careful
    252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpDef

Rest
    Sleep Talk
    Rock Slide
    Curse

Because a Sandstorm team isn't complete without it.

- - -

Enter Anti, D_A, Vance etc who will begin to dismantle fail team :D

~Tortured_Soul

Last edited:
    Years
    This is pretty good,try this :
    Regirock @ Leftovers
    Careful
    252 hp/252 sp.def/6 att
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Rock Slide
    ~Curse

He is impossible to take down plus this gives regi a reliably recovery move.
    This way you have more space to play around with spiritomb,or switch him out for this:

Misimagus @ Leftovers
    Calm
    252 hp/252 Sp.def/4 spd
    ~Shadow ball
    ~Hp[Fighting]
    ~Will-O-Wisp
    ~Pain Split

You could alter the eves for more defence/sp.att.

The amount of non-floating psn types in uu is alot so you might wanna consider replacing toxic spikes with something else.or claydol so you have a rapid spinner to get rid of rocks as well and not only toxic spikes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2011
    Try ice beam (or something else) over taunt on nidoqueen, I've never found it useful when you can't outspeed what you're supposed to be taunting.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    This team is absolutely wrecked by Water and Ice moves. Your only insurance against it is Cradily, who sucks altogether. Cacturne may seem like a cool Specs user, but it really loves Sucker Punch, and with Sand Veil, it becomes positively deadly. I reccomend it over Specs Cacturne (who is too slow to effectively hurt things).

Cacturne @ Liechi Berry / Brightpowder / Leftovers (honestly I'd use Lefties, but w/e)
    Adamant
    252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
    -Swords Dance
    -Sucker Punch
    -Seed Bomb
    -Substitute / Brick Break

Negates the higher Speed of pretty much everything, and is an ass to take out thanks to Sand Veil (if you're annoying and use Brightpowder, the highest chance anyone has to hit you is 72%). I really don't care about the evasion, but SD Cacturne is really damn good. Try it out.

Hippopotas is relatively (relatively!) bulky, so get rid of that god awful Sash and give it either Lum Berry or Leftovers. It can actually live a Choice Banded Outrage from Garchomp (86% maximum), and can take hits like a Life Orb Earthquake from Rhydon and not be OHKOed. Heck, with max HP / max Defense, a Gabite using Earthquake with a Band on 2HKOs only 18% of the time (Gabite has Base 90 Atk). I like max HP / max Def, but keep Max Speed if you must.

I'd remove Cradily and get something such as a Milotic to take special attacks such as Surf and Ice Beam. Life Orb Milotic hits pretty hard, and its useful Base 81 Speed lets it outspeed quite a majority of threats to SS teams, including Blaziken, Medicham, etc...

Milotic @ Life Orb
    Timid
    6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -HP Electric
    -Recover

OR

Milotic @ Leftovers
    Bold
    148 HP / 252 Def / 108 SpD
    -Recover
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Hypnosis / Light Screen / Toxic / HP Electric

Ths is a must.

Regirock is pretty good as it is, but consider Explosion on it, or even use the CroRock set dark_seeker posted. I also dislike Hammer Arm on it since you're walled by the likes of Nidoqueen who isn't 2HKOed by a Curse Ice Punch. EQ on it definately, you might as well...

So.....

As for the team, it should now look like this: Hippopotas / Spiritomb / Nidoqueen / Cacturne / Milotic / Regirock

My biggest concern is the lack of high offense on it, such as the lack of immediate threatening attacks. You could replace Regirock for a Choice Bander, or even make Regirock a Choice Bander himself. He's quite strong, able to 2HKO even max HP / max Def Milotic with Stone Edge 100% of the time, although you'll notice the lack of power in certain cases. It's up to you T_S; make this team more offensive, or keep a solid defensive core (it's already pretty defensive with Hippo / Nido / Tomb / Milo / Rock) so you could afford to go a little crazy with offense. I'd try and keep the Sandstorm synergy flowing, though you may want something that still hits hard, but isn't a Rock or Ground type. Hitmonlee, Medicham, Azumarill, etc...are all examples of that...Or just use Medicham and Rhydon's crack, twisted, accidental offspring; Rampardos (lol Rampardos).

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
    Needs moar Rhyperior to cover DD Gyara weak... *cough*

Anyway, Hippo is...Bulky O_o

So more along the lines of

Hippo@Lum Berry
    Impish
    252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef

Stealth Rock
    Yawn / ?
    Earthquake
    Slack Off

I would feel more comfortable with the defensive Milo set, just because I'm touchy like that :|

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Just to let you know, Substitute is the preferred choice on Cacturne...else it becomes an inferior Absol. I mentioned Brick Break because I wanted to give you another option, but try out Sub before Brick Break.

Years
    If you bulked up Cradily in the SDef department, making it the Special Wall set, you could afford to run more offense. I can't really see where you'd fit it in, but Cacturne could really do with either the SubPunching Evasion set or the CounterSash set, both of which are really effective in SS.

Back