• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gintama

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    One user on myanimelist mentioned all of the possible parodies here https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=627661 but I don't really know of a detailed list.

Some of the ones I've noticed:
    Code Geass - in episode 202 / 2 Years Later arc, Sougo is the leader of Holy "Shinsengumi" Empire. Also, interesting how Sougo's goal there is to crush Odd Jobs / Yorozuya, but he protected Kagura in that episode lol. The manga panel actually had his head on her lap when Hijikata knocked him down with the paper fan. Chapter 326 page 12. Why did they remove it? ;__;
    Here's one of Lelouch's speeches in comparison, and spoilers I guess if you haven't watched it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDpnkVmACV0
    Gintama

Sengoku Basara (Samurai Kings) - in episode 241 about the host club, Hijikata shares his voice actor with Date Masamune. So, he says a line the characters share. It also explains the handlebars on Kondo. I only noticed this one recently.
    Gintama

Gintama

Gintama

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I enjoy spotting references myself. So I'll refrain from looking at that list. It would be more enjoyable to watch a few series and spot the references while rewatching. :DDD Gintama is one series I'm gonna rewatch quite a few times anyway haha. I knew about the sengoku basara and cg reference. do i get a cookie

Anyone seen the movie? What are you guys' impressions on it? I mean the second movie, of course.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    The fact it hasn't parodied Pokemon is actually pretty surprising. They've done other Nintendo stuff so it obviously isn't that getting in the way.

Back