• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen giovanni's tm...

marillmonster2000

PC's True Blue Marill
    Years
    Ok, This Sucks. In R/B/Y When You Beat Giovanni(In The Viridian Gym), He Gives You A TM For Fissure, Wich Is A One Hit KO Move. When I Beat Giovanni In My Leaf Green Version, All He Gives Me Is This Stupid Earthquake TM!!! It's A Good Move, But IT AIN'T A FREAKING ONE HIT KO MOVE!!!!!!!!!
    Argg, Why Did They Change It?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
    Anyway, Does Anyone Kno Where I Can Get A TM For Fissure?

Melody

Banned
    Years
    marillmonster2000 said:
    Ok, This Sucks. In R/B/Y When You Beat Giovanni(In The Viridian Gym), He Gives You A TM For Fissure, Wich Is A One Hit KO Move. When I Beat Giovanni In My Leaf Green Version, All He Gives Me Is This Stupid Earthquake TM!!! It's A Good Move, But IT AIN'T A FREAKING ONE HIT KO MOVE!!!!!!!!!
    Argg, Why Did They Change It?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?
    Anyway, Does Anyone Kno Where I Can Get A TM For Fissure?
    nope, you will have to get a pokemon that knows fissure and breed to get it on a pokemon that doent learn it by leveling up

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
    Yea, you don't get Fissure, since you couldn't breed in the old games (did that make sense?) so he gives you the wonderful Earthquake instead, I like Earthquake :)

Asher

Just your ordinary evil...
    Years
    Like the last two people said. =P Anyway, why don't you like Earthquake. It's more accurate. =/

Fissure.
    Accuracy = 30 percent.
    P.P = 5 . o.O;

And if you're planning on getting a Pokemon that knows the move, you'll have to be devoted to it. =P I recommend a Barboach. It learns the move at level 41. Unevolved.

But I still recommend the attack, Earthquake.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    I wonder why Fissure isn't back in Move Tutor form, since most of the old TMs came back that way. And Poliwrath was able to learn both Mind Reader and Fissure in GSC, a nasty combination unless you switched.

Kaiorga8929

lulz.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 26, 2009
    I think deleting Fissure as a TM and replacing it with Earthquake is better, since a battle is pretty pointless with just One-Hit KO moves... Earthquake is far better, since fissure is relied basically on luck and Earthquake has better accuracy and higher PP, not to mention also to prove yourself as a honorable trainer without using cheap strategies

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Yeah Fissure is gone now without breeding, but now you can get something better than Mind Reader/Fissure. Articuno can get Mind Reader/Sheer Cold. Nothing is immune to Sheer Cold like Flying Pokemon are immune to Fissure.

The Archaic Adept

Master of Ages Past
    Years
    I'm sorry, but Earthquake is a WAY better move, in the ways described, and teh fact that it just generally comes in more useful. A battle is not meant to be about using One-hit KOs until you hit, because the truth is if you battle somone good, they'll kill you before you hit.

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    i agree. fissure, like similar unaccurate attacks, are far less effective than moves that will hit, and do a significant amount of damage anyway. and i fused properly, earthquake will KO an oppponent in one hit, most times

Back