• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Giratina

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
    Ok seeing as there is a God of pokemon shouldn't there be a Devil pokemon too? I know there is alot of discussion about this but it just seems rational. I mean he is in a different dimension (Underworld) where he watches over dead pokes.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    When did he watch over dead pokes? I would compare Darkrai to Arceus more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    When Arceus is referred to a god pokemon, I don't think they mean the pokemon version of our God. It would be more comparable to the Greek and Roman gods, and they didn't have a devil. Maybe a demon pokemon? Darkrai comes to mind.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I guess so. Even though Darkrai was good in the film it still was bad in the episode against cresselia so I think Darkrai is the devil and Arceus the angel. D = Devil/Darkrai + A = Angel/Arceus

Years
    Arceus seems to be the creator of everything, so I don't think it's really appropriate to call it an angel.

Darkrai isn't evil, either, but the way the anime portrays him it sometimes seem that way, I suppose. Nightmares are sort of a natural thing, anyway, they have to happen - so perhaps it's not something he's doing on purpose? I don't know, maybe I'm just thinking pokemon is more deep than it really is. XD It's just that there are unpleasant things that sort of have to happen everywhere, such as death.

Anyways, about Giratina. I have no idea what that thing is; it looks really stupid, but I haven't played Platinum yet so I'm not even sure what the story is around it. I sort of doubt it's an evil pokemon, though, it's very rare that a legendary pokemon is truly evil. >_> Or any pokemon for that matter.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    When Arceus is referred to a god pokemon, I don't think they mean the pokemon version of our God. It would be more comparable to the Greek and Roman gods, and they didn't have a devil. Maybe a demon pokemon? Darkrai comes to mind.
    Yeah I agree, like some kind of demon creature or a Spirit. Darkrai does seem to be a demon pokemon to me now since this thread ponts that out to me. lol

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Darkrai isnt Evil in Ranger 2 and in Movie 10, Although it was Evil in Mystery Dungeon 2

~ Yukishii

ℓaketrio mistress♥
    Years
    Even though Darkrai was good in the film it still was bad in the episode against cresselia so I think Darkrai is the devil and Arceus the angel. D = Devil/Darkrai + A = Angel/Arceus

Of course Darkrai is bad to Cresselia.
    She is the bringer of good dreams, he is the bringer of bad dreams.
    It only makes sense for the two to fight it out with one another.
    Arceus is just the Alpha of Pokemon..
    With Giratina it doesn't seem like it's the 'devil'. Though it can attack in any way at all from the Reverse World it only did so to Dialga in Movie 11.
    It did many good deeds in that movie, how could it be assumed to be the devil at all?
    The only reason it attacked Dialga is because the quarrel between it and Palkia caused pollution in Giratina's world. It didn't do it for the hell of it.
    Do you see my point?
    The devil is supposidly full of malicious intent, which neither Darkrai nor Giratina have.
    I mean, Spiritomb was far more evil then those two and no one has mentioned it being the devil..
    Then Darkrai is just a creator of bad dreams, and doesn't come close to the power Giratina has over the real world from it's dimension..
    So that doesn't make sense either.

Edit ; I forgot. Giratina attacked Zero too, but that was because he also caused problems for it.

Last edited:

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I've always thought that Darkrai is polar opposite to Cresselia, not to Arceus.

There will probably never be a "devil" Pokémon. I think in Gen II, wasn't there someone who said that no Pokémon are born evil, they are turned bad by evil trainers? If a Pokémon is strong enough that it potentially COULD achieve devil status, then it's strong enough to not have to obey a trainer it doesn't want to obey, and it probably wouldn't want to obey an evil trainer, heh.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
    The amount of evilness doesn't show if a pokemon is the devil. From that logic, Gengar or Banette could be the devil.

In the pokemon world, it seems as though Arceus could be considered god, BUT it is known as the Alpha pokemon. Not the Alpha+Omega. Which leaves the Omega.

Giratina is classified as a ruler of the underworld (reverse world, whatever), but not the devil. Perhaps an equivilent to Hades from Greek Mythology. A devilish figure, but not the devil.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    in god they mean like the supreme for arceus but i don't really believe any pokemon is a god except charizard.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
    Years
    Giratina controls the Reverse World whcih supports the real world. He isn't the devil to Arceus's God. Darkrai and Cresselia are polar opposites so ofcourse they fight. As far as a devil Pokemon, my fangame has one, but I don't think Nintendo will ever make one since that would resspass on religious soil.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    um...since when did giratine watch over dead pokemon?? and just because it is of another world doesn't mean it is EVIL...in the 11th movie he was very nice toward the end...

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
    Even Spritomb can't be all evil.

and it's 108 souls, not 1000, 108 corresponds to the Japanese ritual of hitting a bell 108 times on the new year to banish evil spirits.

Back