• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Giratina

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Giratina isn't so much the devil as the underworld's guardian, I guess. That's my take on it.

BoomOfThe4thWall

IF YOU JUST BELIEEEEEVE
    Years
  • Giratina has always been, in my eyes, a sort of...misunderstood character.

Think about it for a second. Arceus created two trios to form the universe; The lake and Dragon trios. Focusing on the Dragon trios, what exactly do they control? Well, Dialga manipulates time, Palkia controls space, but it's never told what specifically Giratina was able to give to the universe. My theory is, he thought he had nothing to give to the collaboration that is the universe, and therefore felt inferior to his brothers. Because of this, he decided to leave Arceus' universe, and found the void that soon ecame the Reverse World. You know, a kind of 'self imposed exile' type of story.

Perhaps this could be his motivation for the upcoming movie... He is enraged at how Dialga and Palkia are always warring with each other, despite the fact it is their gifts put together that hold up the universe. Therefore, he goes to a higher plane of existence to give the two a lecture beatdown on "You should be thankful you have these gifts and stop acting like selfish 2-year-olds and etcetera, etcetera."

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • If he were really the devil Pokemon, that would explain why he has 6 arms, 6 legs, and 6 wing protrusions. 666; the number of the devil anyone?

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • If he were really the devil Pokemon, that would explain why he has 6 arms, 6 legs, and 6 wing protrusions. 666; the number of the devil anyone?

Actually, some Christians are now convinced that 616 is the number that originally symbolized the Devil.

I don't want to get into a lot of detail but here is supposedly why it is the original mark of the Devil:

"In 2005, a fragment of papyrus 115 was revealed, containing the earliest known version of that part of the
    Book of Revelation discussing the Number of the Beast. It gave the number as 616, suggesting that this may have been the original."​

Last edited:

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • It doesn't exactly matter though. As long as 666 was the original belief, and Giratina's traits just so happen to be corresponding to it, then chances are that Giratina was based on 666, or the devil. What else is it to be based on? six arms, one head, and six legs Besides, only some of the Christians believe this.

You've gotta look at the evidence.

- Giratina has the 666 characteristics.
    - It's the "guardian" of another "world", supposedly in another dimension (which is kind of like hell, because it's in another dimension, not just somewhere underground).
    - Has an evil connotation
    - Possesses some dark / shadowy power.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Girtina is angered with Dialga and Palkia because they damaged the reverse world by battling in the real world, so he was going to make them pay.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I still refuse to beleive that Arceus is the one that did it all. I mean.. It's stupid for them to have put a god Pokémon in.. Anyway on topic, I think that Giratina isn't a devil or anything like that. Infact, Giratina isn't evil at all!

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
  • Darkrai looks like a devil to me. But I don't really see how he's connected to being a 'devil' of Pokemon. Giratina isn't really a devil because it watches over dead Pokemon, so it could be the 'Angel of Death'.
    If there is ever a Gen V, it seems likely that an Omega Pokémon will be created. I'm not saying that it will, but there is a good chance, but then that is if Nintendo want to face the wrath of religious people who may get offended.
    I think they already must've offended religious people after the introduction of Arceus. Creator of the Universe? Too far. If our sheikhs here at the local mosque heard about it, they would declare Pokemon sinful. I'm not kidding.

~Rose-quartz Iatos

Rose quartz~
    Years
  • Okay, here's how it is: Darkrai is cresillia's twin moon god, arceus is sort of god AND devil, as in he is the embodiment of existence, and giratina is part of the DPP trio, and is, therefore, the god of chaos.

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Giratina is not the devil, he is part of Dialga/Palkia/Giratina trio. If anything should be the devil, it should be MissingNo.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Isn't Giratina part of the 'Dragon Trio' that is consist of Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina?

Well, I must say that Giratina belongs at where it originally belongs, as a Legendary Pokémon, not the Anti-Christ of Pokémon.

Adley

Tidiliboo
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Giratina basically is the keeper of balance. It attacked Dialgia because he was upseting the balance of the real world. Keeping balance isn't evil, so he can't be the devil. I doubt they would even think of devil and god in Pokemon.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I doubt they would even think of devil and god in Pokemon.

Too late for that. Have you heard that the Arceus movie is based on Judgement Day?

Years
  • Okay... Let's put it together...
    Darkrai - Cresselia
    Arceus- Giratina? No... I don't think so... Giratina isn't evil in my opinion... I is kinda a god in the other dimension but it's not evil...

Lady | GaGa

<b.l.i.s.s.e.d>
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2011
    There are plenty of things that watch over dead things. A devil Pokemon would be a one that opposes the God Pokemon. I really hope Game Freak just stops with this God Pokemon stuff. It's really making some religious groups mad.

Back