• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

give me a good reputation with every post

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
    Years
    But this is different.
    Everyone wants a good reputation.
    Nobody wants a bad one.
    If someone likes your post(s), they'll give you a good reputation.
    But not for nothing...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    And that I shall do!

It may be fun to get good reputation, but wouldn't it seem a bit hollow to recieve it just because you asked someone to give it to you? I'd say it's much more fulfilling to get it without asking, because you would know in that instance that means someone truly respects you, which ought to make you feel a lot better than if it had just been handed out to you. If one gets reputation when one has not earned it, it's abuse of a system which was implemented with the purpose of allowing people to let others know what they think of them...the higher a person's reputation, the more trustworthy they will seem to new people. The lower a person's reputation, people who are not familiar with that person will know to stay away from them or to disregard anything they say because their reputation indicates that they have done things heinous enough to earn that number of bad reputation points (unless of course an organized group of mean-spirited forumers gangs up on one member to ruin their reputation for no reason, and that is the only case in which negative reputation may be flawed)...I just think in the long run it's better that a person wait for reputation, as it keeps the system fair. What Porygon did was different because he wanted a low reputation just to see what it looked like. I daresay that his experiment is a bit more harmless than that of someone who would want to increase their reputation...

Hah, just felt like writing something long :P

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Ok, I read Chairman's post, andi f you are too lazy to read, it here it is:

It'd be sweet to gave a big ol' reputation, but not if you don't deserve it, that would be kinda dumb. So just wait and make good posts, and even if you only get on reputation thinger, it'd feel better than 50 hollow ones

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back