• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gladiators [T][OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Plot
Celebi, the time traveler, and Dialga, the controller of time, finally meet. During the battle that occurs afterwards, a hole in time is created by their power. Some pokemon in the surrounding area are sucked into the hole and sent back to the time of gladiators, when humans and pokemon fought to the death in the arena. The surrounding land is different as it has yet to change to the way it is in the future. There are no trainers, only men who go in search of pokemon to capture them by any means and send them out into the arena. As pokeballs have yet to be invented, these men use much more vicious ways to capture pokemon. A common item used in the capture of pokemon is a dart coated with poison powder, sleep powder, or stun spore. If a dart doesn't work, they use large, blanket-like bags to cover the pokemon, than pull a string that opens up bags on the inside that are full of one of the powders.

As it ends up, Celebi and Dialga are said to come together and battle every 1,000 years. The pokemon who were sent back in time must now find the two time pokemon before their next battle, which is said to be this year. To go back to their own time, they must be there when the battle occurs otherwise they will never be able to return to their time and will forever be trapped in the time of the gladiators.

You are one of the pokemon that are sent back in time. There are some who will help you on your quest to find the place where Celebi and Dialga's battle will occur while others may hinder you and try to throw you off track. If you are caught by humans and taken to the arena, you must either escape or battle until you are eventually killed in battle. There are other dangers besides the arena though. Pokemon in this time are wilder and more vicious. You could very well become an Ariados' next meal or fall prey to a Gengar's tricks.

Map
2w4iiqr.png

Forest Arena: Arena where Bug, Grass, and Poison-types fight.
Sky Arena: Arena where Flying and Dragon-types fight.
Mountain Arena: Arena where Electric, Fire, Ground, Fighting, and Rock-types fight.
Supernatural Arena: Arena where Psychic, Dark and Ghost-types fight.
Master Arena: Arena where pokemon go after they have defeated a certain number of pokemon. None have ever returned from it.
Lake Town: A market town where items and pokemon are bought and sold.
Prison Town: Town where pokemon are taken before the arena they are sent to is decided.
Golden Town: Town where rich people live.
Common Town: Town where lower class and poor people live.
Ghost Isles: Cluster of islands surrounded by whirlpools. At night they're covered in a heavy mist and it's said that if you listen, you can hear screams coming from them. Everyone avoids these islands.

Rules
Spoiler:

Spots
Spoiler:

SU
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
What the heck? Why has no one signed up to this yet? It has a great plot!

Anyways, consider me interested. Here's my SU.

Name: Aerin
Species: Yanmega
History: Aerin, ever since he was a young Yanma, strived for peace in Ilex Forest. With the grass, bug, and flying types always fighting for more territory, it was almost impossible for peace to exist. When he evolved into a Yanmega, however, he was able to stop much of the fighting with reasoning alone, but every now and then he had to use physical force in order to stop multiple Pokemon from killing each other. Recently, however, the guardian of the forest Celebi has reappeared, which stopped the fighting almost instantly. If only Aerin knew what was fixing to happen...
Personality: Aerin... Well, Aerin is a rather unique Pokemon who wishes for peace. He isn't afraid of standing up for what he believes in, and he is also not afraid of getting his limbs dirty in order to do so. He is smart, a bit charismatic, and calm most of the time. He is also a very caring and compassionate individual who wishes to help out those in need. However, he does have a temper, which seems to go off a lot more now than when he was younger. Want him to get mad? Make fun of his eyes. Go ahead. Just be sure to blame yourself when he starts chasing you.
Moveset (10 max): Bug Buzz, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis, Ancient Power, Night Slash, Hidden Power (Ice), Aerial Ace, Screech, Giga Drain
Other: Aerin, since he is a Yanmega, has the Speed Boost ability, which allows him to get faster the longer he is in a battle.
Password: Time

Last edited:

Game Over1375

Hito-Shura is awesome
Years
I count ten actually.

1) Bug Buzz
2) Psychic
3) Shadow Ball
4) Hypnosis
5) Ancient Power
6) Night Slash
7) Hidden Power (Ice)
8) Aerial Ace
9) Screech
10) Giga Drain

Yeah, there's only ten. ^.^

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Reserve me please, I'll have something up soon.

Garet

GhostFire
Years
Name: Merlin TrueStriker
Species: Gallade

History: Merlin grew up in a small "clan" of wild Sinnoh Pokemon, composed mainly of Ralts, Kirlia, Gardevoir, and the occasional Gallade. They called themselves the TrueStriker Clan. One thing this "clan" continually attempted to do was prevent other Pokemon in the nearby area from being beat up or caught by humans. More often than not, they were unsuccessful.

It could not be stopped when Merlin, who had just recently evolved into a Kirlia, was caught by a human Trainer. He was angry that he'd been torn away from his "clan" and often rebelled because of it.
This human focused more on winning Pokemon battles and training his Pokemon than actually bonding with them. He even forced Merlin to wear a black-leather bracer that had a Razor Claw situated in it. Soon enough, Merlin had been trained to the point when he was quite ready to evolve - his Trainer always stopped him every time he tried.

In recent weeks, his Trainer was traveling through the Johto region. He'd finally let Merlin evolve...only he let it happen when he exposed the Kirlia to a Dawn Stone. (The bracer with the Razor Claw had to be refitted.) A few days after that happened, Merlin rebelled once again, this particular time by turning on his Trainer. To keep himself from getting hurt any more after a minute or two, the human released Merlin, who took the chance to turn and run, a free Pokemon once more.

Personality: Merlin TrueStriker is a rebellious, yet protective, Gallade.
During his childhood in the "clan", Merlin was brought up to protect other wild Pokemon who were in danger, particularly the danger of being caught by a human. He believes that any Pokemon that has the will to be free, should be free. And he now has the fighting experience to back up that belief.
Because of his upbringing under the human Trainer's command, Merlin is fairly experienced with being a strategic, often ruthless, combatant. Rooted in his anger at being caught and taken away from home and family is the will to rebel against any order given to him. After all, the human did catch him, take him from family and home, train him until he fell from exhaustion, and prolong his evolution for too long.

Moveset (10 max):
-Leaf Blade
-Night Slash
-Slash
-Psycho Cut
-Heal Pulse
-Teleport
-Double Team
-Hypnosis
-Lucky Chant
-Fury Cutter

Other: Merlin's arm-blades are a few inches longer than average, and he is about half-a-foot shorter than the average Gallade. He also has a Razor Claw, which helps him strike critical points more often, that decorates the outside of a dyed-black leather bracer on his right forearm.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Has this died? Or can I still sign up?

Name: Dia "Twilight" Striker

Species: Umbreon

History (Optional): Dulla grew up with a human and was raised from an egg. She was very happy to be with him, and he didn't really train her that much. She soon evolved into an Umbreon one night, and that was when everything changed. Her trainer thought she had evolved becasue she wanted battles, and traded her to someone else. The new human was a very cruel man, hitting her when she did something wrong or was slow to react, and calling her all kinds of vile names. She got stronger, though she hated every minute of this. She ran away from him after his other pokemon died from the strain of his training methods. She was a wreck, and hadn't eaten in days. She trekked through the wilderness, often being set upon by wild pokemon for entering their territory. She walked without really seeing where she was going until she finally collapsed. She would wake up in the distant past, not even knowing what had happened.

Personality: Twilight is a very cautious pokemon. Due to her past she is not trusting of others at all. That being said, she is fairly bold and will not hesitate to fight if she feels threatened, even if the opponent is much stronger than she is. She doesn't care if she loses. She doesn't see any value in her life anyway. She is pretty quiet, and prefers to fade into the background rather than take a part in the action, unless there is an immediate threat to her, in which case her instincts jump in and she fights as hard as she can. These instincts kept her alive in the wilderness.

Moveset (10 max): Here are my moves:
1: Bite
2: Moonlight
3: Swift
4: Shadow Ball
5: Detect
6: Psychic
7: Confuse Ray
8: Quick Attack
9: Faint Attack
10: Double Team

Other (Anything that you feel needs to be added?): Twilight has a yellow ribbon tied around her neck that was the last thing her first trainer gave her before he traded her. She is very protective of it.

Password: Time.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Thank you. I noticed this because my buddy up there has it in his sig... And because someone put an SU up in the IC thread. lol, I'm glad to be a part of this.

luigimario84

Owner of worlds
Years
Name:Geo
Species:Garchomp
Personality:Mean and when against anybody he mocks them. Some say he does this because his family were mean to him.
Moveset:Earthquake, Dragon claw, Dragon pulse, Aerial ace, Dig, Fly, Slash,
X-scissor, Stomp, Dragon rage
Password:Time

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@luigimario84- Thank you for posting in the correct thread this time. You are accepted.

May as well post my SU... I was going to use this character for Odyssey 2, but I didn't get the spot and I love the character to much to get rid of it :P

Name: Mini Death

Species:
Castform

History: Mini's parents abandoned her egg long before she hatched. The only reason she hatched in the first place was because they left her egg in a large pile of torn up clothes in an alley. When she did hatch it was raining, causing her to transform the moment she was born. The rain provided her with enough energy to survive the first day. A gang of street pokemon found her and raised her as one of them. They taught her the ways of the street, how to fight for herself and how to steal without getting caught.
She quickly went up in the ranks of the gang, pushing herself to become stronger than any Castform before her. Seeing as she didn't have a name, the gang pokemon gave her the name Mini Death because of her deviousness in battle. When she was 2, she defeated the leader of the gang of wild pokemon. It was during this battle that she got the scar on her face. Mini's name became feared on the streets and pokemon would get out of her way when she passed. Many pokemon who didn't know her strenght scorned her, though they were quickly put in their place when they challenged her to a battle.

Personality:
If called weak, Mini will just snicker and bide her time. When you least expect it she'll attack. Her looks can go from cute and charming to devious and taunting in an instant. She's a master at weather attacks even in her normal form and when bored she may create a small storm over some random individual. She enjoys a good fight, especially when it's against a pokemon that would usually be considered much more powerful than her. She has a soft spot for young pokemon and will often spend hours at a time showing off her skills to them. Having grown up without discipline, Mini has a knack for stealing things, so if something goes missing, she's probably the one who took it.

Moveset:
-Rain Dance
-Sunny Day
-Hail
-Fire Blast
-Hydro Pump
-Blizzard
-SolarBeam
-Thunder
-Shadow Ball
-Attract

Other: Unlike normal Castform that are a grayish color, Mini is completely white with a diagonal scar going across her face.

Last edited:

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@crebirk- You're accepted.

I'm going to go ahead and get this RP started. I'll make the first post ASAP than all of you may post. Let everyone make their first post before posting again.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
Mind if I join? :)

Name: Zegan Zoma

Species: Charizard

History: Zegan won't tell me. :( The only thing i know is that he used to have a trainer, but this person disappeared somewhere.

Personality: Zegan is competitive and loves to battle. He spend a great amount of time training when he has some free time. Like most Charizard's, he won't attack anyone weaker then him, unless he is attacked first. Although he loves to battle, he would rather help his opponent instead, which is a surprise to most.

Moveset: Dragon Pulse, Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Sky Drop, Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Blast Burn

Other: His fire is black and blue, instead of orange and red. He also has a scar going through his eye. How he got it, is still unknown.

Password: We need more TIME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back