• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glasses or Contacts?

Glasses or Contacts?

• Prescription Glasses

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Contact Lens

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Lady Machoke

Your Worst Nightmare!
Years
  • Which one do you prefer? Prescription glasses or contact lens? (Excludes sunglasses if you ask me.)

I wear glasses, but I preferred contacts because I am VERY self-conscious about my appearance and I vie in looking professional, especially when I am working or at a formal party. Believe it or not, many of my classmates don't recognize me without my glasses. Besides, my current one made me look clunky.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • I much rather just wear the prescription glasses, to me they're easier to keep up with plus I look good with them on, lol. Well, at least that's what I've been hearing.

igtica

Mmmm....Cheesecake
    Years
  • lol my parents insist I wear contacts, and buy them for me, so I wear them so they're not a waste. I'm not too bothered myself. Apparently I look better without glasses, but I'm really not bothered. Contacts aren't that hard to maintain.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • Contacts all the way. They make you look better :) , I have them in right now and there really cool. Unlike Glasses were I had to clean them and other things Contacts are the best :)

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • Well im supposed to wear my glasses not that i can't see or anything one of my eyes goes out on my cuz i had an operation when i was 10 to fix *Lazy Eye* that's what it's call but now i still gota strenghten the muscle in my eye it's insane

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • I use to love my glasses because they made me look sophisticated XP, but now when I play sports and in general life, I want contacts now.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I have both, but I'm too lazy to put on contacts sometimes... n_n; a half hour to put in the left eye... =_= So...glasses I guess! n_n

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • Heh, I wear contacts when I go to school and stuff, but I wear glasses at home. My contacts are better for seeing things far away and my glasses are better for close-up things, like reading or working on the computer. ^_^ I also look incredibly nerdy in my glasses so I never wear them to school anymore if I can help it...they're also really annoying to keep cleaning since my skin is oily and it smudges the lenses. x.X The only downside to contacts, I'm finding, is that they can take forever to put in sometimes, and when I have them in for a long time, they start to hurt. x.x But yeah...contacts all the way!

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    *Sighs* Glasses..

I prefer to stick with glasses, because contacts may damage the pupil of the eye rather than help it! Plus, when you put them on, the hands may be dirty, and you might as well infect your eye O.o;;

Glasses are better imo, besides, they make people look professional, and are like safety goggles ^_^

*burns*

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
  • I'm not sure what the consequences of wearing contact lenses are, but I am quite comfortable with wearing glasses. The only thing is that cleaning them is a hassle when you have people poking their fingers on them... Another disadvantage is when you're playing rough or contact sports. I could take them off, but me being short sighted, puts me at a huge disadvantage when playing such games. So I guess contact lenses would excel in the sports area.

Sayuri no Hoshi

♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥
    Years
  • I've been wearing glasses for almost a year and a half now--only when I need them, though, because I'm near-sighted. I am definitely going to get contacts at my next visit to the eye doctor because I'm so fed up with putting my glasses on and off constantly. I want green contact lenses. ^_^

orange*berry

Has catching up to do...
    Years
  • I'm near sighted, and I don't usually have to wear anything to aid my vision at all. I have a pair of glasses, but I never really wear them. n.n()

Back