• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Glitch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I need help guys.
You know the Ditto glitch, right? You enter the battle with someone then press enter etc. Basically, glitch to get any Pokemon you want.

I got stuck however.
First I went to battle the trainer that's a bit north from the island.
I have an Abra with stats 21. So I go into Mansion and find the ditto, he transforms into Abra, I beat him, and get out. Now I go north, and the color changes from gray to green right before I touch the water, so I assume I entered the area where that trainer is (?), but nothing happens! And since I can't enter water, I am just stuck there. I cant talk to anyone, I cant fight anyone. What do I do?
Is there something I can do?
Where can I find Pokemon that has bigger chance of having special stats 21?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Also, Sydian, not trying to nit-pick or come across as a smart alec, but Mew under the truck is not a glitch, but rather an urban legend.

Glad someone caught that after all these years, lol. I meant to put Mew glitch. ~_~ I'll fix that.

Where can I find Pokemon that has bigger chance of having special stats 21?

Uhhh how far in the game are you?

Edit: I was gonna use Bulbapedia to read more about the glitch and look for a list of Pokemon by special stat, but since the site doesn't want to load, I'll probably just have to come back to this later. Bleh.

Last edited:
Years
Uhhh how far in the game are you?

hmm lets see. I have 5 badges, got pass Snorlax, Team Rocket, Marowak, bike road, Safari.

I went through the game now, the only trainers I can battle as soon as I see them are those in the water :/, I doubt there are more, I uncovered most of the map, I only didn't go to the city where you need to give policeman a drink, and the league. Should I restart?
I have a feeling like I am near the very end of game, and restarting wouldn't be fun enough :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Found it on Bulbapedia...you sure there were trainers in the Mansion to fight? Did you walk and let them see you? Cause I know with the Mew glitch, walking directly in front of them will mess it up, so I assume the same applies here. Maybe try rereading this, to make sure you didn't miss any steps?

Years
Nope, I haven't found any I could use for glitch. I battled the swimmer few steps north from the island.

Now I am seriously thinking about restarting the game...is there a topic where people discuss restarting games? :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Could swear there were trainers in there though. Ah well. If you have a copy of Red or Blue, Ditto are on route 15, so it's probably easier to do the glitch there. If you were trying to get Mew, there are easier ways, but I think some of those were fixed in Yellow as well. Sorry. :(

Now I am seriously thinking about restarting the game...is there a topic where people discuss restarting games? :D

Can't tell if sarcasm or not, so just gonna take the safe route and explain that I know the Q&A threads can be annoying, but it keeps everything in check and organized. Without them, we'd have a ton of question threads everywhere, and the forums would be cluttered, messy, and the good discussion topics wouldn't stay active very long. I know you don't like them, but it makes my job a lot easier, and it keeps things looking good for y'all too. You don't want to have to sift through locked and moved threads all day, right? Anyway, I think there actually is a topic about how often you restart games floating around PGC.

Years
Could swear there were trainers in there though. Ah well. If you have a copy of Red or Blue, Ditto are on route 15, so it's probably easier to do the glitch there. If you were trying to get Mew, there are easier ways, but I think some of those were fixed in Yellow as well. Sorry. :(

Can't tell if sarcasm or not, so just gonna take the safe route and explain that I know the Q&A threads can be annoying, but it keeps everything in check and organized. Without them, we'd have a ton of question threads everywhere, and the forums would be cluttered, messy, and the good discussion topics wouldn't stay active very long. I know you don't like them, but it makes my job a lot easier, and it keeps things looking good for y'all too. You don't want to have to sift through locked and moved threads all day, right? Anyway, I think there actually is a topic about how often you restart games floating around PGC.

Well, there are some trainers in there. But the problem is that you have to find a special trainer that fights you right when you see it first time on screen. One of those that surprise you out of nowhere.
I guess I could wait for another red/blue game..

Yea sure, I understand :) ( not sarcasm :D)
I'll look for it.

Oh my dear God I did it, I did it, I DID IT!!! I found a way woooooooooooooo!!!! I won't have to restart after all!

if someone wants, I can make a topic with full tutorial on how to do it. :D

Sydian, you can delete other two posts, sorry for spamming same thing. :)

Last edited:
Years
Could swear there were trainers in there though. Ah well. If you have a copy of Red or Blue, Ditto are on route 15, so it's probably easier to do the glitch there. If you were trying to get Mew, there are easier ways, but I think some of those were fixed in Yellow as well. Sorry.

I don't think any of the major glitches in Red and Blue were fixed in Yellow.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I don't think any of the major glitches in Red and Blue were fixed in Yellow.

I read that some were fixed, or were changed in some way.

Anyway though, I've decided that I'm going to let glitches have their own threads now instead of globbing them together in this one thread. I think it will promote discussion much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back