• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glitch Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I came across the info about glitch Pokémon in Red, Blue, etc.. And I totally understand that it's just a programming bug, nothing else. No big deal. But howcome they have their own trading cards? They are just programming bug which needs to be neglected. But people made a whole big deal out of it. They have their own wikis, own stats...everything, as if they are real official Pokémons. Look at these pictures:

Glitch Pokémon

Glitch Pokémon

Glitch Pokémon

I think they are probably just fan-made, not official. But people really make big deal out of a little issue. Every detailed complicated game has some glitches, lol. Why make it so big!

Years
  • Those are all just fanmade fakes. I mean, that first one isn't even in a Pokemon TCG card style, it's in a Magic: The Gathering card style, meaning it was created using Magic Set Editor, and those bottom two have improper fonts for the TCG cards of the era that card design was from, and the middle one even has a watermark indicating where the card blank came from in the bottom left corner.

Simply put, Missingno. does not have its own official cards.

Electric Totodile

Totodile used Thunderbolt!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    Those are all just fanmade fakes. I mean, that first one isn't even in a Pokemon TCG card style, it's in a Magic: The Gathering card style, meaning it was created using Magic Set Editor, and those bottom two have improper fonts for the TCG cards of the era that card design was from, and the middle one even has a watermark indicating where the card blank came from in the bottom left corner.

Simply put, Missingno. does not have its own official cards.

My brother's obssesed with Magic the gathering.

I get why they have a wiki on it, its intersting to know about, but There isn't really a need for it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Why not? Is there really a "need" for pokemon or art? Not really, but it interests people and they want it, so they perpetuate it. Missingno. is something people were obsessed with during the red/blue era because it was a cool glitch, and now it has a kind of nostalgic quality for people who were around for that. Those are all fan-made images, and the one in the middle is actually an image of the "ghost" sprite which was not a glitch, and also not missingno.
    I don't think there's any reason why people shouldn't make fan-art of what they like. Now, if TPCi would design an official missingno. card... that would be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Lol I never said people should not make fan art. I just asked if these are real.
    and yeah, the center one is ghost Pokémon, still in the card (fan-card) it says MissingNo.

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I meant that it doesn't "seems to". Never said people "should not make it". lol...

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
  • I loved the Cheat it used to do .... 999 rare candies! When I first came across it I was like OMG what is this then I tried t catch it and my game froze!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Lol. I stay away from glitches. Or make a backup copy of .sav file before doing anything risky. Already had to play Pokémon FireRed twice due to the 128K save file type. Wasn't able to continue to The Sevii Islands after winning the Pokémon League.

Back