• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • https://shadoan.deviantart.com/art/Glitch-WallPaper-W-I-P-339617295?q=gallery:shadoan&qo=0

I have recently decided to start my own comical series by spriting my characters from scratch.

To commemorate it, I designed a wallpaper based on the city my comics takes place in.
    Though I know this is pixel art, all of the art is basically sprites, even the backgrounds I create
    are 100% done from the ground up.

I'm having trouble though with the wall paper, it's incomplete and I feel its missing something. IDK what else to add to it to make it stand out more.
    Any suggestions?

I have used Paint.net to create this though I am willing to use another graphical editing software as along as its free and easy for me to use.
    :3

Years
  • I don't really consider this fully pixel art, it seems as if tools such as the circle, rectangular tool, etc. is used, which isn't a big problem, or even a problem at all. Something to mainly point out is the gradient used on the clouds which is a big no-no. I recommend using basic MS Paint, it's probably one of the most simple to use art programs that are very friendly towards Pixel Art. The design and concepts of the wallpaper is great though.

PS; using the circle and rectangular tools works, but the individual pixels should be later edited to help create a more clean and non-repetitive image. You can also use techniques such as anti-aliasing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back