• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Global Terminal Station Related Woes !

Itstoppedatumbreon

Destroying Zubats since 1996
    Years
    bout a year ago a guy traded level 100 shaymin for any cyndaquil
    i got a new shaymin thats not hacked either and no NN

I was once looking for a gengar with a good nature at GTS, and i got one named "Gaspar". I didn't want the gengar to have a nickname so i traded away "Gaspar" and wind up with another gengar called "Gaspar". then I waited a couple of days and tried again and what do you know, i got an other gengar called "Gaspar". What are the odds???

Today "Gaspar" is one of the six pokemon in my team, he must have been ment to be a part of my team, but i still don't like his nickname :(

probly the one they got in-game called gaspar

Last edited:

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    I hate it when people make pathetic and weird trades on the GTS. Like I remember when my first time using the GTS, I saw someone offering a SHINY Lugia for a Lopunny. Weird enough, mostly I think it's hacked since no way people would be retarded enough to do that if they can't hack and such. But yeah, I also saw someone who actually offers a Lv 1 Sneasel for a freaking Lv 100 Ho-Oh... Just pathetic... Even they Offer a Kyogre for another Kyogre... I am just speechless with those people.

AntiZero

Remember?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    I remember one time in my Diamond I traded my Piplup for a Mudkip on the GTS, and the Mudkip's nickname was "Soup". 'O_o?

People are weird.

Munkeytoto

Ace Trainer
    Years
    I remember when i was in the GTS looking for a few pokemon (Slakoth or Zigzagoon I think) EVERY TIME it wanted a level 100 Legendary.

No-one will give them one for a level 1 Zigzagoon *Huff*. :(
    Buncha Chansers TBH =/

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Why so many impossible trades in the GTS?

Seriously, can someone explain to me WHY someone's asking for a Level 1-10 Heatran? You can't get it that low leveled!

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
    Because they're cheating - there's a few glitches that people can do, such as cloning pokemon or trade-evolving them without trading. They ask for impossible pokemon so that the pokemon they're trying to hack doesn't get traded away on them.

Flan

has the bird flu.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NYC
    • Seen Oct 15, 2017
    Lol, I dislike that use of the word "cheating." :/ I suppose it's subjective though.
    But, it's either exploiting glitches in the GTS or being legitimately ignorant. When I was inexperienced, I would do similar things because I just wasn't aware.

The GTS isn't a very good place to get trades anyway - it's smarter to just organize your trades online. You're more likely to get legitimate Pokemon that way and for reasonable deals.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    99% of the people using the GTS are 7-year olds running around with their brand new DSi XL and a shiny AR, saying they're the best and showing his mates how he fools a random, honest man, trying to trade on the GTS.

The only trade I ever did on the GTS : a Lv. 20 Shieldon for a Lv. 20 Cranidos. I was honest, the guy was honest, and I got an awesome Cranidos. :3

Years
    Most likely, Its this:
    1) someone trying to clone
    2) someone trying to force a trade-evolution
    3) little children who know nothing how a trade works and are too young to undersand the futility of trading a Pikachu asking for a darkrai, which, for them to be able to ask for one in the first place, means they already have one >_<

I know the feeling, thats the main reason why I disregard GTS for big trades... occasionally, the NU tier usually get some decent trades.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
    Years
    They are just kids who cannot understand the logic of "this pokemon is much better than that". Most of the time you see people asking for ridiculous things and not for cheating (I doubt someone was trying to clone a bidoof...).

On the other hand, if you really search you can get some cool stuff. Last week I found a Shiny Espeon, Lv 38 (and wasn't a breed!) and all the guy asked was a male piplup below level 10.

Really, really cool.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    People are asking for stupid things on their:| I wanted a Crobat so I can breed it for egg moves, they wanted a Lugia Lv100 for it, or a Lv5 Darkrai .__. It's honestly just idiots trying to SCAM people. But I dislike trading on there anymore because everything's a hack.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Pepole have abused the GTS and decided to make unfair trades like a lvl 100 arcues for a lvl 1 bidoof. The GTS was, and always will, be a terrible online service unless Nintedno/Game Freak adds some stricter rules.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I am one of those people that tend to make up funny names just so people get them and won't be able to change them. The last thing that I got in a trade that was really funny was a Skuntank and her name was "sourbreath" and I couldn't stop laughing. There have been times when I gotten a Pokemon with a nickname of a curse work and it wasn't all that funny -_-"

:t354:TG

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Cloning and GTS evolution are the only logical reasons I can see for the ridiculous trades on there... it ensures that the Pokemon *won't* get traded away inadvertently. Of course, the typical 7-year old kid with an AR and PokeSav isn't known for making logical decisions...

I used to use the GTS simply to obtain more ID numbers for the lottery. Fear of getting something that's hacked ended that for me a while ago.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    I always think its cause the people offering the trade are just immature people who want something impossible.
    Only good things i got out of that thing was a newly hatched chimchar and a japanese empoleon.

Back