• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GlyphGryph And Bay12's Bayomons

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    Thought I'd take the time to share the sprites I've been making for the Bayomon: Othroclase and Microline project the Bay12 groups been chugging away at. These sprites are /mostly/ mine - as part of a group of spriters, we often make revisions to other people's sprites, so some portion of them will include work that isn't mine (I'll give credit to the collaborators, though). I'm not including sprites I basically just shaded/recoloured/tweaked, though, just the ones I feel are dominated by my own influence. None of them have elements (to my knowledge) of sprites outside our little working group. Since this is a direct reference to the repo, they may change over time as well - I'll try to keep attributions up to date.

If anyone on the Bay12 team notices a misattribution here, or even wants to add your own mon's to this thread, feel free to let me know or make a post about it.

Disclaimer out of the way, on to the show!
    Criticisms, critiques, and suggestions more than welcome.

Boatborn => Boatforged
    boatborn.png
    boatforged.png

Cat2 => Cat5
    cat-2.png
    cat5-front.png

Egwin
    egwin.png

Hapup => Rockwieler
    hapup.png
    rockweiler.png

Perlihorn => Unicron
    PerlihornFront.png
    unicron-front.png

Perlihorn original concept was Bluerobin's (I believe), though it's been heavily modified since then.

Uncarp => Skelfish
    uncarp.png
    skelfish-front.png

Ziddoba (Still needs some work, obviously. Just can't get it to look good.)
    ziddoba-front.png

Thanks for looking at my stuff!

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    I really like these! Skelfish is my personal favorite, keep it up man

Years
  • I agree with the above comment that Boatborn is a bit hard to see; to start, try to use more of that red to give it a more defined shape since it's tough to tell what it is right now. ^_^

Your pixels are nice but there are some things I'd like to suggest! Firstly, you seem to have a tough time with your outlines since I'm seeing bumps and shaky lines in many of your sprites (especially Rockwieler). That and your shading could definitely use a little work, though you've got a good start on where shades and highlights should go. :3 Shading-wise, I recommend "rounding out" the shading on Egwin a little bit. It's a bit unnaturally straight as it is right now plus there seems to be a lack of detail on the tummy, assuming that's what the big bright part is.

Your sprite designs are relatively simple, too... not sure if that's what you intended. Hapup's line for example I think could use some additions to make it not look like your general run-of-the-mill dog.

Great job though, keep it up! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2012
    Thank for the critiques! While I'm not going to be changing any of the above sprites but the last one any time soon (Finishing them all, period, is first priority) I'll definitely keep it in mind for future sprites.

As for hapup - yeah, it was supposed to look like it was made out of rock, I really just couldn't figure it out. :/

How does one deal with "bumps" and "shaky lines" in the outline? I've noticed, I just haven't figured out a way to resolve it.

Anyways, new sprites! Second is still WIP.
    seegle-front.png
    Seegle

reegle-front.png
    Reegle

Back