• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen "Go ___! dang not you! oh nvm"

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    sorry for the random title is sounded funny to me XD

anyway have you gone to send out zorua or zoroark and forgotten their ability and thought you sent out the wrong pokemon?

this happens to me quite a bit especially when im not thinking or am tired.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2011
    everysingle time i send her out....."Go Throh!!" *wtf? when did i teach throh faint atk?...oh yea *face palm*

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    One time when I had Zoroark in my team, I also had a Rufflet, and I was like, wait, Rufflet suddenly turned dark type? XD; I tend to ignore the game sometimes, so I just forget about Zoroark and it catches me off guard. Luckily I don't use Zoroark often though :3

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
    One time when I had Zoroark in my team, I also had a Rufflet, and I was like, wait, Rufflet suddenly turned dark type? XD; I tend to ignore the game sometimes, so I just forget about Zoroark and it catches me off guard. Luckily I don't use Zoroark often though :3

A Dark Rufflet would have been totally awesome though. XP

I've just beaten a Gym Leader or something, then I want to train my Zoroark, so I put it in front, then I find some event or something to do, and then I'm like, Oh yeah, Time to train!
    Then I send out Victini and I'm like wtf?
    And I check my party, and then Victini's in the back.
    Oh yeah.
    .__.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
    Well, this just happened to me today. I randomly decided to train one of the MANY Zorua I had been hatching (for use on GTS negotiation). The Zorua I had decided to train was Female, but the game displayed it as a male. Took me a little while to figure out that I had a male Zorua in the back of my party and Illusion had taken effect X_X

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
    Hahaha the exact same thing happened to me the first time i sent out my little Zorua, it turned out Pansear and i was like shocked and thought the game had bugs lol =)

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I recognize when I send out Zorua/Zoroark. I mean, just from the moveset, I can already figure it out.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Just had another Zorua/Zoroark moment. XD;

Okay so I was hatching Zoruas and I had one in my party that hatched earlier. It was just after I caught a Cryogonal, when Thundurus appeared in the area just after Icirrus. At that point Litwick died thanks to a Stunfisk who looked like it laughed at it--anyway! I got really confused because I thought Thundurus made Cryogonal drop like 30 levels, but then I remembered I'd battled it before, so then my next thought was that my game was glitched. Until I finally realised it was Zorua, omg. I need to avoid putting Zorua's family in my team. XD

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 25, 2024
    This happens most of the time, especially when Zoroark and Scrafty were unevolved and shared 2 moves.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i just had another zoroark moment. i got a watchog off the gts and am training it till it learns mean look and i send out zoroark who takes watchogs form and im like if its level 49 why am i traini-oh its zoroark. -_-
    i was not impressed lol

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    When I first got my Zoroark, I sent it out in a Rotation Battle and it came out as my Ducklett. I was like 'WUUUT? How'd you grow to Lv.43, Ducklett?!' Then I checked out Zoroark's summary, saw it's ability and understood.

I'm not really fond of Zoroa's/Zoroark's ability..

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This is a little bit off topic, but what if your Zoroark is shiny... does its illusion appear shiny as well? Anyone know?

As for the topic, I've never confused my Zoroark for any of my other Pokemon lol.

sg3360

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
    It was such a "WTF?!" moment for me when I first used my Zorua, because I hadn't read up on the ability, so I didn't have a clue what was going on :L

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    No. The only issue I've had with Illusion is when I go to attack, I use Foul Play (which is in the right-hand corner), and then the Pokemon hits me. This makes the illusion fade away, and then, rather than staying on "Foul Play", it resets and I have to move the cursor to the right again in order to use the attack.

Due to this, sometimes I find myself wasting a turn using Attract (which is in the top left corner and the first / default attack of the four) on a male Pokemon.

Stupid reset. It's the same Pokemon, so I don't know why it's not staying on the last move you use. It doesn't do that in any other case, except Zorua/Zoroark when it loses its Illusion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2011
    It caught me off guard when I battled N. I thought I was going to one hit his klinklang with a fire move, but turns out it wasn't a steel type pokemon after all lol

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    Coming to EV train my Zoroark, I was like wtf am I training Braviary ... Seconds later I'm like "oh right Zoroark's Illusion".

Back