• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Going to battle my buddy.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
Years
  • So im assembling a team on Crystal to fight my friend with. I know he will be using a gyrados, and blastoise. Thats about all:c The team im thinking about using consists of-

Steelix
    Miltank
    Gyrados
    Venusaur
    Typhlosian
    and Lugia.

Does this seem like an ok lineup? I have never battled competitevley before, so im pretty fresh as to who has the best stats.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • You should give Venusaur annoying attacks such as Toxic and StunSpore....
    That will make him mad... :)
    Only give it one, though. Decide whether you want one that will sap health (Toxic/Leech Seed combo) or prevent from attacking (Stun Spore/Sleep Powder).

Something I like to do, though I'm sure plenty others might disagree with me, is giving a Pokemon a Confuse inducing attack and a Paralysis (or at least sleep) attack. If the Paralysis doesn't get them, it's quite likely that the Confusion will.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • My Gyrados knows thunder bolt:p. But still, his gyrados might have some crazy moves 2. I was gonna teach Steelix rest and sleep talk. Im sure that might shake things up a bit.

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Try throwing in a Rain Dance/Thunder combination if you can.

If you have enough time, you might want to use some Egg moves. A nice little Blastoise I created a while back was:

Ice Beam
    Rest
    Mirror Coat
    Surf

If you can give Mirror Coat to anything that isn't a Wobbuffet it will definitely throw him off guard.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Like people have said, get an electric type such as jolteon, magneton, ampharos, and lanturn. ;D

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    My Gyrados knows thunder bolt:p. But still, his gyrados might have some crazy moves 2. I was gonna teach Steelix rest and sleep talk. Im sure that might shake things up a bit.

Gyarados has such a bad special attack that I never would teach him Thunderbolt. oO
    Well on G/S/C the Stallgame really increased, so you probably would going nice with doing the same. Forretress would stall out nearly every attack of Gyarados except of Earthquake and you can use Spykes to make him pay a high price for every switch he´ll do. You could deal with Blastoise with your electic Gyarados. But, in fact, a Starmie with Thunderbolt, Icebeam and Surf would make a better job by killing both Gyara and Blastoise. He... or it... really take care of many common Pokemon.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Ok cool. Thanks! Jolteon has good speed stats right? That will come in handy 2.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    hmmm. meybe this will work.

Amphaos @ Leftovers
    Rain Dance
    Thunder
    --your choice--
    --your choice--

STAB and 120 attack really kick ass, espacily with 4x weakness. pretty sure nothing can surive that. you can do the same for blastoise.

Lanturn would also be a very good choice. venasour would kick ass with sunny day and solarbeam (let someone else set it up, beware of ice beams. would kill vena). if you want to be more defensive, go with meganium.

Back