• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going to start collecting again...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    Shalom!

I recently rediscovered my old pokemon cards... Ah the memories :) So when I was in town a few days ago I bought a booster tin.

I'm think about collecting the cards again and I want to start Reading up on how to play.

Questions is basically this... Are there different sets. If so how many? What do you guys think??

Years
  • There are a lot of different sets... in fact, in the US, the four for sale at major retailers are as follows: Platinum Rising Rivals, Platinum Supreme Victors, Platinum Arceus, and HeartGold Soul Silver. HeartGold SoulSilver Unleashed comes out within the next week, too. (b'-')b

There are currently 42 or 43 sets that have been printed, and Unleashed will be either our 43rd or 44th (I forget which because I may have missed a few sets in my count).

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    Last month I posted all the sets. Check them out! Insert www in front of youtube.com/watch?v=gqe98yG3Xgw :O

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2010
    OMG I have a whole bunch of those coins!! I used to be so into those cards... I actually have a POP (Pokemon Organized Play) membership card. From a while back. XD I went to a few tournaments but never won. LOL

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2016
    If you ever do tackle the rules of gameplay, check out my video series in my signature. It's a great resource for anyone seeking to learn competitive play : )

. . . hmmm it seems my signature isn't showing up, and I can't post links till I hit 15 posts! I'll be back : P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    Is there a website that has all the set?
    This video is cool, but kinda hard to see. Plus I think there is a tiny symbol in the bottom right corner that tell you'd the set and how many in it?? I had 4 booster packs and got them mixed up.

Years
  • There is indeed a set symbol in the lower-right corner of the card... and that used to be up by the picture.

As for sites with all the cards, Pokebeach doesn't have every card scanned, but they have the vast majority of the English cards scanned, and have all of the sets made in English listed. I think Serebii also has a similar amount of sets listed, but has no scans, if memory serves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2011
    Is there a website that has all the set?
    This video is cool, but kinda hard to see. Plus I think there is a tiny symbol in the bottom right corner that tell you'd the set and how many in it?? I had 4 booster packs and got them mixed up.
    Ah, I agree that on YouTube it can be a little hard to read smaller print, even with the Multi-Pass 60 fps rendering and the 1080p HD setting on full screen. The original file on my computer has exceptionally better quality, on it the colors are brighter and I can read the very fine print on a big screen.

Danikamakaze

★ D a n d a n
    Years
  • I bought my friend a booster pack on his Birthday for some nostalgic effects.
    I bought the opposite booster and I fell in love with the cards again Dx
    I lost my cards forever ago :c

piecemeal

On An Adventure
    Years
  • I cobbled together a checklist for the scope of my collection from pokemon.com and bulbapedia. Nice thing about pokemon.com is they have pdf checklists you can dl ready-made (for the Pokemon USA sets, anyway).

I just started collecting (for the first time).

Back