• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold and Silver remake

Do you want a G/S remake?

• YES!! Dam it!!

Votes: 78 72.9%
  • No they should just make new games

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Don't care

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • BEST pokemon games ever!

Votes: 13 12.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Reasons why there would be a GS Remake(to boost the morale of those fans)
    1.EVERY FKING FAN IS DEMADING ONE!!LOOK AT POKEMON.COM'S MAILBOX! Not every one
    2.The Johto Manga was the best.... Opinion
    3.The Johto Saga was the best... Opinion
    4.The game were the best pokemon games up to date. Opinion
    5.Game Freak want money$$$ Fact
    6.The Pokemon Company wants money$$$ Fact
    7.Nintendo wants money$$$ Fact

Oh and to the idiot who said all pokemon can be captured in DP, listen to this quote
    Third installment games; not remakes. Read what I say as well.

DP Pokedex can oly be completed if u have:
    a. A GameCube
    b. SUPER ADDICTION TO POKEMON AND GET ALL POKEMON IN THE TWO GC GAMES.
    c. Loads of money to go overseas.
    d. The Global Trade Center, allowing you to trade with any of the above. For the record, event Pokemon will always be event Pokemon. Adding new games will not make these Pokemon obtainable. See: Emerald (Deoxys, Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia)

A remake would make a and b almost completely unneasacery!(sorry for spelling error)
    A and B are already unnecessary.
    So yeah...GSC REMAKE will come...you can bet on that!

Comments in bold. GSC is implausible.

Auron

Legendary Guardian
    Years
    But...

In Emerald you can get the Johto Starters...Why ?? Because there is no another way...So...A remake is unlikely probable.

Anyways, if there is a G/S/C remake, I would like the Celebi event to be available.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    a pokemon gold and silver remake would be great! what i don't get is why every one and their grandma wants to stop it I mean its not like you have to buy it
    We don't want to 'stop' it. We're arguing against its chances of becoming a game. If GSC were to be remade, would we be disappointed? Most of us, no (I'd be a little perturbed that they were taking steps backwards instead of progressing forward, but that's besides the point). The fact of the matter is that those on the aggressive side of the this debate are saying that wishing for a remake is a waste of time because of how unlikely it is. For an extreme example, it'd be like asking for a mature version of Pokemon with guns and blood. Probably not going to happen.

Other than the legendaries absent from DP, how could you even offer any more event Pokemon when all Pokemon are already availible? It's *fully* possible to obtain 490 Pokemon in this game; Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus being this game's event Pokemon (Manaphy's already been released, and Phione comes with it) are the only ones that aren't currently obtainable. All three Pokemon are locked somewhere within the game.

A GSC remake would offer nothing in terms of Pokemon. There are no event Pokemon that would be any easier to obtain than they already are. When you look at Emerald and all the extra Pokemon it had, realize that, even though the game had Pokemon unobtainable before (like Mew), you *still* had to go to an event to get one. Mew, for example, wasn't even UNLOCKED in the game. Toys R' Us did trades, giving out Mews rather than Old Sea Maps.

Last edited:

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    Then in most countries, you're SOL. The new games wouldn't because, guess what, you'd probably need an event to unlock what you're trying to get.

There's a reason for the GTS. With the *global* trade system, you can get any Pokemon you want; there's no need for a remake for that reason.

So far, the *only* viable reason that proponents of a remake have produced is nostalgia, which I'm continuing to insist is just a step-backwards until someone can prove me wrong.

Last edited:

JohnBoy617

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    They really have to make a remake of this, seriously. When I first got the game when I was young, I had fun playing it and it reminds me of the good times I had. I would think the playable trainer actually looks like me >_>

But he kinda does.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    I was thinking today, it'd be better if they made a completely new game set in Johto/Kanto. You know, new characters & Pokes, same places, but everything from G/S has changed in the 8 years.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I was thinking today, it'd be better if they made a completely new game set in Johto/Kanto. You know, new characters & Pokes, same places, but everything from G/S has changed in the 8 years.

This is actually a really great idea. I hope they do do that.

Hah, I said do do.

Bliksem

The Author Pokemon
    Years
    I can't see them returning to Kanto anytime soon. What you'll end up with is another game with watered down versions of both regions. This is a *fact* that can't really be disputed, I think. A game that focuses just on Johto will have more content and depth in Johto than if Kanto reappeared.

StarLife

+Knowledge is Defense
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2007
    I Want a G/S/C Remake Badly!
    I Hope The Storyline Get Better.( It Was Excellent Before )

AC

Pokemon Master in the making..
    Years
    To tell you the truth I enjoyed the G/S/C over any other generation due to the storyline wasnt that cheesy, I like the starters unlike in R/S/E (torchic being the only one thats ok),plus it seems like they are running out of ideas on making new Pokemon they are starting to look to kiddish and yes that includes some Pokemon from R/S/E and D/P. So I do belive that was the best generation. I also agree that if they do have a remake that only tweeks to the storyline not major changes be done to it. Also a little off topic I have a feeling D/P will be sorta dissapointing. I do not mean the gameplay it does look pretty cool plus I love the Day/Night effects (another thing good about G/S/C) but like I said before the new Pokemon are kinda dissapointing I really dont like any of the starters and others seem like a 8-year old kid made them. So a G/S/C remake would be perfect. =)

Dudedude

I am the Johto Man
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2007
    The Writers/GameFreak/Nintendo/The Pokemon Compnay...all love GSC.

One si ple reson: What was the first ever pokemon except Pikachu that we saw in the anime?

Aswer: Ho-Oh.

They love GSC. They just want to torture us.

I wont be surprised if they release information on it only one day b4 they even release it.

Green Charizard

pɹɐzıɹɐɥɔ uǝǝɹƃ
    Years
    Yeah they should do one. How hard is it for them to do. They already have the basic system built with Diamond and Pearl, they have all the storyline, it's not like it's a big job like it was with Diamond and Pearl, they can just edit it like they did with R/S to make FR/LG. Nintendo would be daft not to make it.

Back