• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold or Soul?

Giratinarules

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Oct 5, 2012
    Gold and also why do you people buy both pokemon heartgold and soul silver theres no big difference and You can get both ho-oh and lugia

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    Hard to say for me. I was thinking Gold but I play as Gold every time he is in a game (Silver, Crystal, Shiny Gold, any other ROM with Gold in it) so I may change it up. Due to the fact I won't be saving up for anything when both games come to America, I will most likely buy both and be both Gold and Soul.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    Gold and also why do you people buy both pokemon heartgold and soul silver theres no big difference and You can get both ho-oh and lugia

Well, if it's anything like the original gold/silver. Ho-Oh and Lugia will be at different levels (in gold ho-oh was lvl 40 and Lugia was lvl 70 and vice-versa in silver) Also there's pokemon that will always only be in one version (an example from the original gold/silver would be Growlithe and Vulpix. Growlithe was only in Gold, Vulpix was only in Silver, you needed both versions if you wanted both pokemon) And with all the new stuff they're adding into the game, there may be other version exclusive stuff put in.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I'll most likely pick Gold. I almost always pick the male characters, so yeah.
    If I somehow get both then I'd probably play as the female on my second game.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
    Gold, mostly because im a guy and I dont really like Soul, and from what ive read in other threads, im not sure many people want to be Soul. Anyway Gold looks and is the best

branchi

master charizard
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    i am so getting soul silver.also lugia is better then ho-oh.

Mumei

Pokédork
    Years
    Gold, not because I don't like the new girl, but because it gets me closer to reliving the original Pokémon Gold experience. And if I chose the new girl, all the starter allocations would be messed up because Gold needs Cyndaquil and Silver needs Totodile IMO. That wouldn't be possible if I chose the new girl.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I'm gonna choose Gold.
    Soul is fugly. Well, I guess she doesn't look too bad. It's what she wears. I want Kris back! D:

Back