• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Gold, Silver, or Crystal?

Gold, Silver, or Crystal: Which is best?

• Gold

Votes: 21 16.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Crystal

Votes: 78 62.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Which metal game do you like?

I was wondering what metal game I should get and which ones you like. I am talking about crystal silver gold and what ever else there is. I am getting it off ebay because I want to get one of those really old games.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    My favorite is Gold (because it was my first ever Pokemon game), and I would suggest getting either that or Silver to get the actual G/S/C experience. I'm not saying that Crystal isn't "actually" GSC, but it was different with the animations and telling you which Route you're on and... other stuff. So, I would suggest (in order from "you should definitely get this" to "eh, it's OK") Gold, then Crystal, then Silver.

Formula380

Supersonic
    Years
  • I had a silver version I liked very much but lost it some time while I was in Washington... My poor Lugia :( Anyways I still have my Crystal version I play occasionaly and find it fun. I really liked the Johto Kanto mix. But I guess its what you want. Ho-oh is in gold, Lugia is in Silver, and they're both in Crystal but harder to get.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
    Years
  • Crystal is my favorite. It took an already great game and added more. There's a Battle Tower, animations, a bit of an added twist to the G/S storyline, and the choice to play as a female character.

Really though, it's the same as any other generation of Pokemon games. I would say go with whichever one has the version exclusives you like the most.

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
  • Well, it's up to you to choose,..
    Crystal is only better than G/S bcuz of new added story to the storyline(like suicune and eusine) and better graphics and animated pokemon during battle or when viewed in their stats/pokedex...
    While in the other hand, Gold/Silver are only the same,except for some graphics and the time when you catch Ho-oh and Lugia...!

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    Crystal, it was my first ever pokemon game. And I never played much of Gold when I had it or Silver.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    hmmm I don't know because lugia is really cool but why not be able to get both hoho and lugia in both? Help lol

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    hmmm I don't know because lugia is really cool but why not be able to get both hoho and lugia in both? Help lol

You can get both Ho-oh and Lugia in Crystal.
    And I think it may be the same for Gold/Silver.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
  • Pokemon Crystal is the best by far
    Not dissing Gold and Silver
    It's just the tiles are better, all Pokemon are obtainable, That TV show at the radio station was a cool idea, and MUCH MORE...
    so thats why i think Crystal beats all the others

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    REd for me because it is my first pokemon game I ever played and I liked it so much, I keep it safe until now.

Back