• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Gold/Silver Remakes: I'm tired of the..

Status
Not open for further replies.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    um.... this game will have to have d\p\Pt wireless features because it is on DS
    so there will be Shinoh stuff (GTS underground ...etc)

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I, personally, think that the Gold and Silver games should be the same as the old ones. Sure, Firered and Leafgreen updated things a little and gave you extra treats at the end because it was a game special. That too, will be true for HeartGold and SoulSilver.
    All I think they're going to do is update it to incorporate features introduced in later generations.

But, I don't think they should just fling in Sinnoh Pokemon or change the layout of the game, remove whole cities and replace them with Sinnoh cities or add Sinnoh gewgaws and gizmos just because everyone likes them.

The only thing that can really be confirmed at the moment is the fact that they're using tilesets introduced in Diamond and Pearl. As per the "gizmoes", I think you're referring to the underground, which from my knowledge is just a speculation of what could happen due to pipes.

Everyone just a week ago was complaining about Platinum/Diamond/Pearl and how much "D/P/P sukz arse &&&& R lyk digimon &&& no 1 lyks those gaems &&& there pokaman r ugly"

And

"i mis T old gaems lyk glod & slivre & red & blue & yeller cuz theye iz kewl-R & better-er than stooped d/p/p"

Now everyone's suddenly all

"GOLD AND SILVER ARE THE WORST GAMES EVER AND ALL THE POKEMON FROM THE SECOND GENERATION SUCK AND THE STORY SUCKS AND THE GAME SUCKS AND THE POKEMON LEAGUE SUCKS AND IT'S NOT SNOWING AND I WANT IT TO SNOW AND I WANT THE GYM LEADERS TO HAVE SINNOH POKEMON AND NEW SINNOH STUFF AND REDESIGN THE MAP THEIR MAP WAS CRAPPY AND I WANT CELEBI BUT NINTENDO HATES US SO WE CAN'T HAVE THEM, I WANT SINNOH BACK"

Blahbityblahblahblah
    It was a sluggish whining before. Now it's just RAGE.

I don't know where you found people doing that, but the vast majority of the members on PC were rather excited about the new updated versions of gold and silver being introduced into the gaming family of Pokémon.

Sure, Sinnoh's kinda cool.. the game is the best part. The Pokemon, I kind of like. It's new and creative and I give them a triple A plus for it. But when they're remaking a game, they're purposely trying to be unoriginal---nothing is more unoriginal than a remake of something. It's OBVIOUSLY not going to be Sinnoh, it'll be Gold and Silver with a few tweaks.

Earlier you said how you didn't want there to be tweaks, so I'm kind of confused of what you're trying to say here.

Gold was the first Gameboy game--let alone Pokemon gameboy game--that I EVER played and yes, the storyline was crappy and outdated for it's TIME ten years ago and will DEFINITELY be outdated now. But, what are you guys complaining about?

Many would probably argue with this and state that Gold and Silver have the best storylines of any Pokémon game introduced. I would be one to do that as well due to the fact that there's so much more you can do (up until the point Platinum was released) than that of any other game. Especially when Crystal was introduced and redefined the Pokémon games forever by introducing features still used today.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Okay, I have got enough complaints about this thread already :\

Ranting only brings more ranting, so I think it's better to close this before it gets uglier.

~Closed

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back