• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Good to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    Hello everyone, the name's Chaosfission, and I'll admit, I mostly came here to learn how to effectively hack a ROM. That being said I have one question, and if a random lurker happens to have an answer before I go digging, that would be great.

Now then, I've looked at tutorials on how to script, and even picked up a pack of tools, however upon opening them, I realized that they're all .exe, and my most powerful computer is a mac. Does anyone happen to know of mac-friendly ROM hacking tools?

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Hi there, and welcome aboard - Chaosfission! It's really great to see another hacker join the board and the ROM-Hacking scene! I'm glad to the fact that the section is growing more largely and having more hackers around! As you can probably tell, yes, I'm also a hacker and I just started a few months ago. It's good to hear that you already kind of look around the Emulation section, so I guess no need to introduce you into that section. And to answer your question, all of the ROM-hacking tools that you will find in the net are all (.exe) so why don't you try downloading WinRAR in order to open them? But, I'm not too certain of this, though that's what I know, so yeah. :3

Anyway, why don't you try checking the whole forum instead of just the Emulation section? If your into Pokemon, then I'm guess you also have played the games before? There's basically a lot of topics ongoing right now and you might want to check them out and perhaps join as well! Everything that your looking for in a Pokemon forum can be mostly found here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it here! It can be quite confusing at first, but the staff members are there to help you out whenever you need a hand or in need of assistance.

Have a great stay here in PC! And by the way, this reminds me, have you read the rules yet? If not, then make sure to do so now, or else you will get yourself into trouble sometime in the future! It's always best to read the rules first before doing something risky, and so once again, welcome and see you around! ^^;;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    You might not get a clear answer here at New Users/Welcome since this board is intended for introductions and not much for ROM Hacking questions. Your best bet is to search at the Emulation section of the forums as Snivy previously linked to you, or contact the Emulation moderators giradialkia and colcostyles.

Now that said, I'll have to close this since it's more intended for questions. Feel free to make a new one, and send me a message if you have questions regarding the forum!

Locked.~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back