• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Google's new browser, Chrome.

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
    Protip? Opera can use Gmail as your default mail provider out of the box. Click on mailto: links to open your Gmail.
    I know. I used Opera for about half a year on my Mac.
    But I mean the webmail. I don't like using clients like Opera's, Thunderbird, or Outlook Express/Windows Mail on Vista.

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    This thing just isn't right. The security is worse than any browser I've ever seen, ask it automatically runs all scripts & Active-X controls. Also, I can't deal with the interface and it runs too slowly and irratically in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    The EULA thing was blown out of proportion, really. Google Copy+Paste they EULA from product to product, and removed the clauses that people were seeing an issue with when the point was raised.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Whoever negged me because of my post needs a reality check. Everything that I posted was either an opinion that I am completely entitled to or a 100% fact. This is exactly why rep doesn't work for most websites. Honestly, I could go up and down this page negatively repping everyone who likes the web browser just because I feel it's garbage. However, I'm not going to because it's just not worth it. I'm going to stick to IE8. (Which, doesn't suck. And don't PM me about web browsers because I won't reply).
    If you have an issue with rep you have received, notify a higher staff member - don't complain about it here, it's not needed nor wanted.

Poke Trainer Gary

Optimistic
    Years
    Stop GoogleChrome follow your every move on the World Wide Web...

Hi malware fighters and GChrome browser users,

For those who do not want Google to know what websites were visited, there is this free toll that blocks monitoring your surfing habits with GoogleChrome. There are two unique identifier-codes found inside every Chrome browser installation. These are "client_id" and "client_id_timestamp" found in the configuration file. These numbers enable Google to follow you around the World Wide Web. The free silectio tool prevents this by making the user anonymous.

The tool silencio can be downloaded from here: https://www.opwoco.com/silentio/

Thanks,
    ..Gary the Eternal..

Years
    How is it as far as security goes? As far as I am aware, FF is very secure, so I am not keen to leave it. I may actually try Opera sometime, though.

Mr. Pokemon

Still rockin' the DS Phat
    Years
    I downloaded it and it's not quite working for me. Whenever I try to login, it's give me an error message. If I'm not mistaken, YouTube doesn't really work for me either. I'll be sticking with Firefox 3 until Google fixes the bugs in it.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    yh i downloaded it,its good in all,just a few miner problems in all,i still use safari as my main but i'd still recommend it to peeps

.Iramet

Banned
    Years
    I Actually just got off IE recently and went over to safari, then I found chrome a few weeks ago and checked it out.
    I am currently switching between Safari, Chrome, IE(rarely, and Firefox(rarely.
    It does feel kind of bare though.
    Also just wondering because there has been some debate about it, does the incognito mode keep the browser from saving anything to do with the internet and keep it off your computer?

Back