• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gorillaz releasing a free album

Years
    I would be very interested to see what it sounds like considering it was done on the iPad.
    I know a lot of people are saying "So...?" But it is rather interesting to see the quality of the tracks.

If they are decent and sound good, it will open up a lot of opportunities to new bands to make some of their stuff.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Track listing and album title announced.

The Fall

01. Revolving Doors
    02. HillBilly Man
    03. Detroit
    04. Shy-town
    05. Little Pink Plastic Bags
    06. The Joplin Spider
    07. The Parish of Space Dust
    08. The Snake In Dallas
    09. Amarillo
    10. The Speak It Mountains
    11. Aspen Forest
    12. Bobby In Phoenix
    13. California And The Slipping Of The Sun
    14. Seattle Yodel

Curious to see how the quality is seeing as in all 14 tracks were recorded on the iPad.

Just downloaded it now, and there are 15 tracks, one more called Phoner to Arizona which is the first track.

So far I've listened to 3 tracks and they are amazing so far. The quality isn't as rich as studio produced songs, but it is pretty darn good and the tracks themselves, in my opinion are some of the Gorillaz best tracks to date.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Gave it a listen, I wasn't really impressed.
    There were people saying it's better than Plastic Beach, and I have no idea WHY people are saying this because it doesn't even come close. It's kinda like DJ Shadow meets Gorillaz, but the album just bored me. While it may be a good marketing technique for the iPad, it's definitely not a notable album.

Take a mediocre Gorillaz song like Doncamatic, remove the singing (which is the only good part of Doncamatic) the result is The Fall.

Back