• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goths

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    Bland, boring, unoriginal, lame, unfunny, uninteresting: such things are stereotypes, and such things are goths.

Nobody encapsulates the idea I speak like Mitch Clem does, though.

[AGELIMIT]
    Goths
    [/AGELIMIT]

Ahahaha. xD

But anyways, I gotta agree with some of the people who post in here. :/ I find it kind of... ironic how some "goths" are all about individuality, when they dress exactly alike. I mean, I'm not against it or "goths" but it seems kind of... I don't know. Hypocritical? Basically, the comic above says it all.

pokemon_beauty

Pretty in Pink
    Years
    I don't really consider myself a true "goth".. but I get called goth all the time :)
    I can't really help who I am, but I prefer to wear black.
    I am going to look into alternative/goth modeling after I turn 18, because I'm into it!

I actually have a ton of friends. One of my two best friends is the biggest prep you would EVER want to meet :p but we get along famously. She envies me for being able to be so bold and wear the things I do. I envy her because she dresses the way she does and has a ton of friends :) I could NEVER be that way, but I envy the fact she is!

I'm not what people would stereotype goths to be, but every article of clothing I own is black, I listen to NDM, I used to dye my hair black, but I stopped because I got too lazy and it's sooo expensive to keep it black :p (I have settled for black undertones), I DON'T paint my nails black, they are always natural, I DO wear dark make-up..

Some of the best (and MOST INTELLIGENT) people I have ever met in my life were goth :) They are so charming!

Years
    I am not a goth, but people think I am, which annoys me to no end. This annoying girl calls me a poser, but I'm not EVEN trying to "pose". I wear black one day, she keeps pestering me about me being a "poser". I wear black because once, I wore an awesome mostly white shirt. I tripped, and totally killed that shirt. I hang out with the happiest, preppiest people ever. How the hell am I supposed to be thought of as a goth? It's funny. She also thinks I put on makeup to make my skin paler. Gosh, I have freakishly pale skin without makeup. Everybody thinks I wear makeup, but my skin is just like that. Believe me, I'm half Filipino and half my family thinks I'm the adopted pale freak. xD What I would give to be a LITTLE darker.

Miyukii

ShweetyパイPopzz♥
    Years
    My opinions of goths...weird...like super weird. Not offending any goths. I'm not called a got, but once my friend said I looked gothic because I was wearing a converse boot shirt, the whole shirt was black and then I wore some black jeans. I mean, I don't really wanna be one of course!!! :S No one wants to be labelled.

Years
    My opinions of goths...weird...like super weird. Not offending any goths. I'm not called a got, but once my friend said I looked gothic because I was wearing a converse boot shirt, the whole shirt was black and then I wore some black jeans. I mean, I don't really wanna be one of course!!! :S No one wants to be labelled.

Yeah. I hate labeling. Why can't people just be their own person instead of following a trend? >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Personally, it depends on how far you go. If you're practically satanic, then I'm afraid that's a bit problematic - to me. I'm in love with black; in certain days, I dress all in black. However, when guys paint their nails black, wear black lipstick, eyeliner, etc, etc.. It gets really ridiculous.

I think that there is no such thing as "dark culture". It's a matter of perspective. Regardless of how "dark" I dress, I'm not a suicidal person who would throw himself in front of the first train that comes through the LRT station.

I got called "goth" too. That only made me happy, since I know from personal experience that goth people, although socially retarded, are very intelligent and sensible.
    You just said that someone who follows "dark culture"/is goth would throw themselves in front of a train yet you say they're sensible?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I have no goth friends. I don't mind the girls who are goth, but the guys... Wtf? Seriously don't wear black makeup, thats just stupid.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    I couldn't give any more of a damn about if your goth or not, if you're cool, I'll hang out with you.

I don't see goths as people who wear dark make-up to attract attention, and I don't see them as people who must want to kill themselves and all around them. They, like you and me, are very much human.

For one, you all are saying, 'They all look alike' I could say that about any group of people, Chavs, for instance, tracksuits, burbry (I can't spell that word, you know what I mean) and big golden chains. There, Skaters, ripped jeans, always carrying a skateboard, long hair, caps. Two examples, every group of people will have a pacific style. That's why its a group of people.

Now. Goths, say they want to stand out from a crowd, they do, indeed do that.

Goth is a stereotype, like Chav, Gamer, Skater, Emo, Grebo, Punk, Dancer.

When you say they give you a funny look if you are looking at them for more than a second. I get that for no reason of everyone, I walk down the corridor at school, and I do indeed, get many funny stares, but I don't look at anyone.

I look at a chav, for a second, maybe less, and it's
    "Whatcha lookin at, want me to kill ya?"
    It's the same with everyone, nobody likes to get looked at funny, I feel really unconfertable when people look at me, I don't like being watched. If someone was staring at you, a funny look would be nessercery.

I'm not fussed about goths, apparently, because I don't constantly listen to rap, I'm a goth. I don't, in anyway, make myself seem like a goth, I've never played music loud enough for anyone I don't know to hear, the only time they see me is at school, with the school uniform on, and my hair is down to my shoulders and blond, usualy straightened, what about that is goth like?

Meh, I don't give a damn about what they say anyway.

And because I'm only 13, don't be all like "She's only a little girl, ignore her" becuase that annoys me to no end.

Last edited:

i'm a bubble. pop me.

What words would satisfy you?
    Years
    I don't care about labels-_- It is true that if for example I walked in my class one day and saw a person wearing all black and having the same make-up goths do, having pierces etc., that would catch my attention (there's not so much goths were i live), but that doesn't mean that i would judge that person just by their looks. It's just a style. It can tell you that that person likes to listen to specific music and that they prefer (in our case) darker things - and even that can be misleading, etc. but those are just a couple of persons traits. We are all far to complex to be judged or to judge a person based only on their style in my opinion.

I also don't agree with some people here who said that goths just crave attention and that's why they dress the way they do. I guess that sometimes could be the case, but in majory I think that they choose this style because they just want to express themselfs - at least a small part of who they are, because we all know that looks aren't everything.

LunarWing

Shiny Hunter/Trainer
    Years
    Why do people think all goths wear black and are depressed.
    I hang around with people that are labelled "goths", and most of them are very optimistic people, enjoying life and such. They just like to wear those clothes because they feel comfortable in them. I wear armyboots, cargopants and bandshirts, because I like that: thats what your own taste is all about! I would never judge someone on their choice of clothing: its your taste, it makes you.. eh.. you!^^

Edit: example - If we WOULD label people, look at the "cybergoths"(yes, a sub-term......><), they wear colourful clothing, which in many times, they make themselves(goggles, dreadfalls(fake hair), skirts, pants)! That way you can't even be like another, because you can't fully copy something by making it yourself.
    And yes I honestly think: labels suck. Without them this world had a lot less problems(no borders, no war.. etc:P)

Last edited:
    Back