• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

GP's Art

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    YAY! Reply #300!

Hmmm, then thats one funky car, the Doorslammer that is. I like the skyline, someone in my art was trying to paint it, it turned out to be an epic failure, but, it was still cool. Your BTW is looking a lot better, the sky's shading is fantastic. I don't really understand the mursa; though...
    Meh... i LUV the NitroDoorslammer, it's one of my favorite hotwheel cars! I think i just made it on a strange angle...

As for the mural, it didn't come out quite how i wanted it either... i had drawn it in my notes during class, and it looked pretty b/a... but still, it just didn't work...

But thanks for the comments on the skyline, i like it too...

You really have quite a talent for cars. Most of them look very much like the real thing, and the shading is beautiful. The only thing I could think that might make them look better would be some outline shading, though you are doing quite well without it.
    Hmm... i could try that ^_^

GP's Art

I love the skyline. It's simple, but that's what makes it work. Nice color choices for the sky, btw.
    Thanks! I actually thought the color choice was nice too... i just stayed on one hue, but slid over the tone as i went downward... but it came out nice, for sure!

BTW, nice to see you back Kenji! We've missed you!

love lance .... can I use for my hack??
    i give credit
    No. He is already being used in another game.

Thanks everyone for tuning in!

Keep Spriting!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Ok, so... i've always been wretched with back sprites... so when Chesu made his backsprite tutorial, i got super excited and after three hours of farting around with this, i have something presentable... by no means am i saying that this is ready to go into a game, but it's a start!

So, as you know, i LUV my fakemon Milodos. My alltime favorite!
    GP's Art

using his method of flipping the sprite and enlarging it, i then redid the outline, entirely whited out the portions, and reshaded the sprite... i started with the neck portion, then did the tail portion second...
    GP's Art<- funny how this looks jpegy when really it's not! That's odd, i'm using my regular imagehost.org and have never had that problem before...

So then i just layered the tail onto the neck portion, and voila! (It's coiled up near it's base, so that is why the tail is so close to the neck...
    GP's Art

Now, i know that the shading is still VERY CHOPPY and boxcut. There are also alot of jagged points, but still, how would you rate this?

Thanks!

Years
    Er... the arm fins aren't working. I suggest having the front fin pointing at more of an angle towards us.

The tail.. I dunno. The way it's positioned makes it seem like the body is just bent in half just below the cutoff, and that the two halves are sticking up. Maybe lowering it to around fin-level would make it seem like a more natural pose.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Er... the arm fins aren't working. I suggest having the front fin pointing at more of an angle towards us.

The tail.. I dunno. The way it's positioned makes it seem like the body is just bent in half just below the cutoff, and that the two halves are sticking up. Maybe lowering it to around fin-level would make it seem like a more natural pose.

Thanks Kenji for your imput. It's very helpful.

To be honest, i'm not at all thrilled with this... although it was my first legit display of a backsprite... i still think it's pretty bad...

i will try that with the fin for sure... i also don't care for it... but i'll see what i can fix
    the tail, i'm not exactly sure what to do with it... i can't put it to the left anymore, since i'm running out of room... but remember, the body is coiled up, so the tail would be coming out the coil part... sticking up like that...

again, thanks for the crit! appreciate it!

Keep Spriting!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    I'll get back to the Milodos b/s later... for now, i made a little something new!

In the style of my "car pix" line, i made this little nascar sprite with my favorite driver(#98 menard), my brother's (#14 stewart) and my pop's (#41 mayfield)...

GP's Art

Alot of scratch work here... totally custom pallettes, shading, and my own style... no template... all three cars are different in size, shape and shading...

Anyhow, these are substantially different than my nascar spriting project... so i put them here, since they mirror my regular style more than the that of the nascar templates...

Thanks!

Years
    WOW. Yeah nice job. I actually draw anime pixel art. I tried using a tablet on spriting and thought it would be better. Same results. Anyways, your spriting skills are very good. I wonder how long it took you to do the new Nascar sprite.

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Ugh... tablets and spriting? >shiver<

That'd be harder, i'd think...

anyways, the new sprite took about two hours to make... about 50 minutes a car... the hard part was the outlines and the positioning... like 20 minutes a piece... then the shading took a good 20 minutes each... from there, i just colored them in and added logos...

Thanks for replying

Keep Spriting!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    New little animation... in response to bacon boy's response to my nascar template's splitter...

Anyhow, this one is spike... angel won't do stay still long enough to let me sprite her...

GP's Art

What yall think?
    Keep Visiting!

Keep Spriting!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Hm... thanks for all the responses... ^_^

Anyhow, here's something new i've been up to... it's some limited pallette stuff...

Waves
    GP's Art
    Based off of shear cliffs of Australia

Trees
    GP's Art
    Based off of amazon rainforests... the tall skinny trees with the hanging vines...

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    I agree the Gary/Kenji polymorph, teh fins? They aint workin'. I think if you made them go off to its side more, and made us see more of the tail, and less of the neck, it might look better. Assuming we stil see the head. I can't really describe what I see in my mind's eye....

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    So here's a little work in progress i'm working on... it's my car as a transformer!
    GP's Art
    The black line down the middle will not exist when finished... it's soley there for working function/ helps me with the symetry...

The head would be the engine...
    shoulders are front wheels
    the chest area is the nose of the corvette
    the plating on the abdonmon would be the hood... it tucks in under the nose
    the "wings" are teh front and rear windows
    the waste is the a pillars
    the hips are the doors & rear wheels
    the thighs are the rear end of the car
    the shins and ankles are the quarter pannels

I'm not sure yet what i'm gonna do with the arms... i still need to include the a posts, the roof, and the side trim, as well as the rear fenders...

What do you guys think?

Years
    hey man long time no see :o
    I see your improving with spriting cars! great it looks great.
    Though I cant rate it propperly when saved as jpeg.
    I think you saved it like that for theft ?
    For as far I can see it's coming along great, hope to see a finished version soon !

~Cros

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Is it still a jpeg?

i thought it was uploaded as png... it says it is... and i'm looking at it now, and it's a png... so it should be good ^_^

Years
    oh :p
    It seriously was saved as jpeg last night -,- I would have rated it if it wasnt haha!
    Might have been abit tired.

But I like the way you make seperate parts on the cars, like the windows.
    Still to early to give a propper rating on it, it has alot of detail already.
    Only thing is the feet of the transformer, think shading it will be a little problem.
    but without shading it's hard to tell the outcome, i just wait for a finished version.
    But comparing this to your older work, it's alot better, so thumbs up!

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    An animation of my steps in creating my new car pix designs... used the red Viper on this one.
    GP's Art

And here's switchback:
    GP's Art

Some little icons i made for a anti drug project in one of my classes...

GP's Art
    GP's Art

Consumption/Drained

I'm working on the Transformer, so it'll be updated soon...

Keep Spriting Folks!

Last edited:

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Another new one... well, new animation of an existing work... anyhow, it's the Eleanor Mustang:

GP's Art

You guys like? How about the other two?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    GP's Art

1992 Mercury Topaz GS

This was my first car. It's almost 20 years old at this point, but still running strong.

The a/c and automated seatbelts don't work anymore, and the heat takes 20 minutes to kick in... but it has a decent Pioneer sound system, and still drives great!

Has a good kick: 0-60 mph in under 4.5 seconds! Known top speed 83 mph! Little 150 hp 2.3 L 4 banger with automatic transmission.

Gloss white paint. Blue pin stripe along both sides. Black accents around windows. Luggage rack on rear deck lid. Alloy rims.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Another new one... well, new animation of an existing work... anyhow, it's the Eleanor Mustang:

GP's Art

You guys like? How about the other two?

You know what I think about the other two... The creation process is great, but the final product seems to square, the the red car had better shading in my opinion. I don't now what about it, but take a look at it. It might help you out with this'n

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    Thanks GFA... hm... maybe it's because of the three tone shading on the body and the two tone shading elsewhere that the shading it funny looking? Also, the mustang has a more rounded fender than the viper... either way... i agree with you, the viper is much better!

Appreciate the C+C! What do you guys think of my Mercury Topaz? Oh and my other car...

GP's Art

1996 Corvette Grand Sport

Yep, it's the Corvette!

In beautiful condition! 85k miles put on it. Leather bucket racing seats, racing three point harness. Delco Bose Audio system.

Quick car: 0-60 mph in 4 seconds! Known top speed 115 mph! (shh!) 330 hp 5.7 L V8!!!

Admiral Blue Paint. White racing stripe down the middle. Glass roof. Black Alloy rims.

Thanks guys!!! What do you guys think?

= GPR =

Birding Extraordinaire
    Years
    :(

In my opinion, i've been posting some of my best EVER work lately, with the new cars and stuff... but no one's really left any comments or replies...

well, here's a new one. It's my stepdad's 1990 Mustang 5.0 supercharged, fox body kit.

GP's Art

Anyone have any comments? Or am i just gonna stay :( ?

^_^ Keep spriting folks!

Back