• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic option help!

TheWicked

Pogi ako!
Years
  • Before my laptop broke,i usually have to right click on the desktop>Graphic Options>Panel fit> Full screen (no border) in order for my games to run in full screen.
    But now,(after my laptop got fixed by changing its hard drive,due to BSOD)
    I tried to do it again,cause i wanna play dota allstars in full screen.
    Then i found out that theres no "graphic options" anymore which means, i cant make it in full screen anymore,what will i do now?(BTW IAM USING WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM,A VAIO LAPTOP)
    I heard that i need to install a driver called"Graphics Media Accelerator" but i tried to install it recently but it said "This update can only run on microsoft windows vista"
    what should i do?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • When you say you installed GMA drivers, do you mean you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card? If not, install those (for NVIDIA, use the Forceware drivers; for ATI, use the Catalyst drivers).

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • When you say you installed GMA drivers, do you mean you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card? If not, install those (for NVIDIA, use the Forceware drivers; for ATI, use the Catalyst drivers).

Except, if I'm not mistaken, GMA is Intel. Use a program like Everest (or go to the device properties) to get the VEN and DEV numbers, then head to pcidatabase.com to get an exact ID on the device. Like I said, I believe that GMA is Intel, but I could be wrong. I hope this helps! :D

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Except, if I'm not mistaken, GMA is Intel. Use a program like Everest (or go to the device properties) to get the VEN and DEV numbers, then head to pcidatabase.com to get an exact ID on the device. Like I said, I believe that GMA is Intel, but I could be wrong. I hope this helps! :D
    Huh. I thought GMA was some Vista thing, but you're probably right. I stay far away from Intel's graphics "offerings," and I tend to advise everyone I know to do the same; that would explain why I didn't recognize it.

TheWicked

Pogi ako!
    Years
  • Except, if I'm not mistaken, GMA is Intel. Use a program like Everest (or go to the device properties) to get the VEN and DEV numbers, then head to pcidatabase.com to get an exact ID on the device. Like I said, I believe that GMA is Intel, but I could be wrong. I hope this helps! :D

Yeah, its intel.
    I used it becuase i have an intel pentium dual core,
    anyway what does that"everest" thing do?

Thanks for the help

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
  • You can download it from FileHippo.com, but what it does is give you a basic run down of what is on your computer for devices. I'll include a link to it for you, and anyone else that would like to download it. It's a very handy tool to have. But when installed, go to devices (second from the bottom), then click on "Windows Devices". At the moment, Vista probably has the standard graphics adapter driver installed, so in the window to the right, you would just click on the plus next to "Standard Graphics Adapter". In that bottom pane, you'll see the device properties, but what you'll be looking for in there is the "Device ID". It'll look something like this:

Hardware ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E0&SUBSYS_40241682&REV_A1

Then, from there, go to https://www.pcidatabase.com/ and choose to either put in the VEN number or the DEV number. I would suggest starting with VEN, and when you get to the large list of devices, just do a CTRL + F to search for the DEV that way. Hope this helps! :D

Link to download: https://www.filehippo.com/download_everest_home/

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Yeah, its intel.
    I used it becuase i have an intel pentium dual core,
    anyway what does that"everest" thing do?

Thanks for the help

Lol, you just need to download the newest updates for vista. Like you, i have a intel graphics card on my computer, and after downloading the first few updates for vista. I get the "Intel Graphics Media Accelerator", if that is what you wanted.

Back