• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Graphic Rating Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conman

Knowledgeable Ignorance
    Years
    Could someone rate these signatures and avatars I made. They're in the order I made them.

Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

PS: I made these in GIMP, I can't use Photoshop​

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2015
    Would anyone mind to rate my current sig?
    oh and Mike, that's looks awesome, love what you did with the eyes.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I'm in a rate-y mood xD

@ Angle-san
    Aww~! That's such a cute render ^^ Must... Resist from poking little Naruto xD Ehem, well, it is very simple, but I think it's nice. I don't like the way that the W over laps the rest of the word, though, as it makes it slightly hard to read... Other than that, very cute ^^ 7.8/10

@ Conman:
    Scar theme - The colours are nice, and match the image. Hmm... The image... It looks to be horizontally stretched. So it's quite awkward to look at. Text placement in the banner is pretty good, but for the avatar, maybe shrink the text that says 'scarred for life', and get rid of the bit that says 'Conman'. 7.6/10
    Some guy I don't know theme xD - Again, the colours match with the image. But there's, again, a problem with the render on the banner is that it looks stretched. The image in the avatar is a bit better, 'cept that the edges are pixel-y. And three exclamation marks on 'WANTED!!!' is a bit much xD Shrink that text a little... Otherwise, it's a little bit better 7.8/10
    Zolo theme - This, in my opinion, is the best out of the three of them. The colours are good, the background is nice, but again, the image in the banner looks slightly stretched. The text could have been placed on the left instead, as it looks awkward with all that empty space there. The avatar is very good, especially the text placement ^^ 8.1/10

@ [MikeGTS]
    Awesome. I love the Sharingan effect, it looks really nice. Maybe make the whole wallpaper look better, though. Like, make the flames a liittle bit more subtle, or something... I don't really know what to suggest xP 7.8/10

@ raubie
    It's a fairly good banner, like the colours match and stuff. But the image takes up such little space O_o And the edges of the text looks rough... Yeah... O_o 7.4/10

@ Zoom
    Looks pretty good ^^ My only complaint would be that the edges of the render are quite rough, as I can still see some white pixels around the image. Oh yeah, and the font... I don't really like it. Change it O_o Other than that, it's really good ^^ 8.4/10

I'm not asking for a rate, by the way...

EDIT: Never mind... rate my current theme, if you please xD

EDIT EDIT: I seriously have to stop changing my mind... Okay, I am in no need of a rate xDD

Last edited:

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    It's nothing special, but it's my first time ever making an animation, so I wanted to see what people thought~

Graphic Rating Thread

It's of a band called alice nine. and they're a Visual Kei band, one of my new faves. [/That means that they dress eccentrically...]

Yes, there aren't any caps, and there's a period afterwards no matter what- alice nine. xD;

And here's one that I was extremely iffy on when I was making it, but turned out really satisfied. [I'm kind of sad that I replaced it... ;A; I'll probably put it back up once I'm done fangirling alice nine. xDD]

Graphic Rating Thread

dstaley

Closet Pokemon Geek
    Years
    Would someone mind rating and/or giving constructive criticism on these? I would like to open up a graphics shop since I lurve making these. They are quite fun actually!
    Graphic Rating Thread
    Graphic Rating Thread

Obelisk

Toad Sage
    Years
    Anyone mind rating this sig i just made i plan to use it on another board

Graphic Rating Thread

Also

Dsstaley:those things are pretty cool i just dont know what to call them lol

Deetroid:the sigs pretty nice to large for my taste you have all that empty room and the scan lines dont catch much attention but besides that nice job 7/10

Jyukai:nice animation i wish i could make animations but i cant 8/10 and the sig its simple but quite nice 6/10

Kyosuke:awesome i love the animation great job 9/10

Last edited:

dstaley

Closet Pokemon Geek
    Years
    Zoom: Thanks, I'd call them "User ID's". That Dexoys banner is quite something. The blurred/penciled effects are great. That's a good something there.

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Hey Sawyer, just a question, do you make all your banners from scratch?

But anyway, I really really like the second one, I don't know why, I just do. I think it's the color scheme, and the feeling of simplicity it gives. ^^ I still think you'd do well with some border's though. xD;

9.5 . 10 for the second one~

Zoom: I like the effects on the render, however, I'm not too hot on the background, because it doesn't really go with the render itself.

Cross

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    There'd be a-nothin' better than my artistic skillz.

:(

Seriously, I have amazing freehanded computer graphics. Look:

Graphic Rating Thread

Sawyer

���
    Years
    I don't know what to say... other than, that's not even mildly freehand and it completely reeks of overfiltration.

Sawyer

���
    Years
    Just a suggestion, if you're going to post work to be criticized, it's nice to post critique of the other work in the thread as well. :) Just a kind of mutual cycle if you catch my drift.

Pikabloo

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    Sawyer; I really like your banners. Both of the ones you posted look great. They're simple, yet very pleasing to look at ^^ Unlike Jyukai, I think they'd look better without borders xP 10 for both.

Yutss; ... Er, it doesn't look like it's been made freehanded, and it hurts my eyes. Sorry, I don't really know what to say...

.-'Infernal Hylian'-.; The banner looks like you took an image, and stuck a border around it. In other words, I don't think any real editing was made. If you only have Paint available, you could have at least 'sprussed' up the border, or something. The small logo thingy is kind of cool... But it looks as if the N stands out more than any other letter O_o 5 for the banner, 6 for the logo thing.

Yami_Zidane; Okay, I think this one could use a border xD The mosaic effect is interesting... But the text placement doesn't look so good. I mean, there's too much of a 'gap' between "Yami" and "Zidane"... It looks weird, to me anyway. Other than that, it's fairly good. 7/10.

Ehehe... I guess I have one thing that I really want people to rate:
    Graphic Rating Thread

It's my latest signature. I saw this tutorial, and felt like trying it xP I think it ended up looking good (I thought I would end up messing the whole thing up >x<). It's the first time I've used C4D's and gradient maps... I doubt I'll make more than 2 other banners in this way, but I thought it was interesting to make a change for once xP

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back