• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*~Grass~*

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    I know, such a creative title. Since I'm finishing up with Through Espeon Eyes, I thought I'd give you the 411 on what this story's gonna be about.

First off, I'm going to swear to make it look more attractive and actual chapters. This story will be longer, I'll assure you. I'm also going to have a unique writing style, what I call 6th-person. It's not 1st-Person, it has 6 pokemon's perspective that all live far a part and come join each other.

Second, the story takes place in the medieval times. Cool, huh?

Third, here's the key (you'll understand what it means later)

Kincoco the Shroomish
    Thrive the Seedot
    Tulip the Oddish
    Blossom the Oddish
    Scarecrow the Cacnea
    Mango the Tropius

I'll kick off this bad boy once I'm finished with Through Espeon Eyes.

Also, all the pokemon that I listed are pokemon I have in the game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    This is sounds like it'll become awesome story! Can't wait! And Through and Espon's Eyes was great! I just finished reading the rest of it!

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    The cable was out...

Years ago, at least five hundred years or more, way back in medieval times, Petalburg City was full of tents made of zigzagoon skin rather than buildings made of brick and cement. There was a large conflict between the villages of Oldale and Petalburg. Oldale was a much more powerful settlement. More vast as well. In order to protect themselves, pokemon training was born.

The most common pokemon they used to train was the Seedot, due to the fact that they turned into the robust form of Shiftry. They only let the males protect the town. Therefore the females were sacrificed due to their strange religion.

But enough about the humans. Where our story begins is in the deep dark recesses of Petalburg Woods. In Petalburg Woods, there was no distinguishing day from night so the sleeping patterns of the pokemon who dwelled inside were completely hay-wire.

And so, there is the unusual thing of the woods. Complete darkness is light and dimness is bright. The sun has never been heard of or spoken of at all. The only things that were ever involved in the lives of the wurmple, cascoon, silcoon, zigzagoon, tailow, and shroomish was tree bark and leaves. Bare ground, mostly. Some grass, but not much.

Our story will begin with the young and gentle shroomish by the name of Kincoco. He is a cheery little fellow, always happy with the world. He was going about his business when the spring sun just came up which didn't do any effect whatsoever to the dreariness of the wood. He was about to finish his work of picking berries for breakfast in his morning when he saw an item he had never seen before. He gave a great cry of surprise. Scampering over to the sylph little object, he caused passerby eyes to stare. The pokemon of the forest gathered round.

"What is it?" A youthful wurmple asked the wind.

A buzz of commerce was hanging in the air. The object was sprouting out of the earth with heart-shaped leaves pointing in opposite directions. The head of it was a light amethyst that was frilly and drooped down slightly. What amazed Kincoco the most was the ray of light that perculated from the foliage in the tree branches above, shining down on the small little svelte and delicate plant as if it just fell from the heavans.

"Where could it have come from?" A Silcoon stated. Everyone was confused yet amazed at the perculiar object, and still more when a wise Linoone stepped into the middle of all of the crowd.

"Don't you young ones know?" He told us in a low voice. "This is a daisy! A flower that exists all around the world! You forest dwellers should get out of this hazy forest more often: there are trillions around this earth!"

"A flower, you say?" A Cascoon snarled. "What on earth is that?"

"What is under your nose!" The Wise One told us.

"Trillions around the earth?" The same wurmple asked. "How can that be? I've only seen one in my life, so how can there be trillions?"

"There is more to this world than trees and foliage." The Wise Linoone said in his deep voice.

"How do these places get so many?" Kincoco asked eagerly. "We only have one!"

"The sun." The Linoone told us. "The sun gives light to the flowers so they can flourish in the soil."

Kincoco looked up into the tree branches, imagining what the sun looked like. He imagined it being a great god.

"I'd better be off to bed." He yawned. And the rest of the morning (or night to Kincoco) was hanging the sweet scent of the flower the rest of the day...

So sue me! People were looking over my shoulder! I was getting nervous! It's too short!

Sankari

...gone.
    Years
    Alright, no one's talking to me or saying "Ooh, aah..." So I'll continue and start PMing everyone.

Now, to the east of petalburg. This slice of story consists more of the humans. As you know, Petalburg and Oldale are at a series of hostilities. Oldale wanted to rule Petalburg. Heck, Oldale wanted to rule all of Hoenn.

All the pokemon that protected Petalburg were Shiftry and Nuzleaf. They were all male and the females were burned in a bonfire. Petalburgans believed long ago that the female grass pokemon were only worthy for making children. After they made one child, they were killed. If that child were a female, burned. Sad isn't it?

Thrive's mother was killed from this. They almost killed Thrive herself, but she was able to slip away inside the trunk of a tree. Her father only had certain times to speak to her, since he was always protecting the town.

Thrive awoke on the first day of spring when the tailow were usually chasing the zigzagoons tails and the wurmple were curiously chasing the ralts drifting in mid-air. But that spring morning was different from all of the rest. This time the grassy lands were deserted and showed no life except the slowly russling grass from the caress of the wind. The sky was blood red from the slowly rising sun.

"Thrive!" A harsh whisper came across the air. "Thrive! Do you smell the Oldalans?"

"No, father, I don't. I have no nose, remember?"

Thrive's father didn't have the urge to make even a chuckle out of his daughter's dark joke. He gruffly whispered, "My daughter, you must conceal yourself thoroughly. The Oldalans are coming. I can feel their footsteps from here."

Thrive rolled her eyes sassily. She laughed at her father's remark.

"Father...you know that the Oldalans are quiet killers...they would never--"

Thrive jumped at the sound of the crashing rhythm of the drums.

Boom...Boom...Boom..

"'Tis the sound of the beating drums..." Thrive's father hissed. "The war drums...surely they must be coming.

The rate of the drums went faster...louder!

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!"[/'i]

A shriek in the once peaceful night air barked. It was the screeching voice of a human.

"Oldalans!" The human cried as loud as a Donphan. "OLDALANS AT THE EAST! BATTLE POSITIONS!"

Thrive's dad trotted off without a good-bye.Men escaped from their tents stained with the suns menacing light. The set their shafts to their bows as they lined the borders of the Petalburg. Arrows flew in everywhich direction. Arrows of flame. Thrive could see the humans armed with spears dressed in dark green charging in after a man shouted. "CHARGE!"

There was rumbling in the earth and the sight of battle was there. Flames spurting everywhere and blood spewing out from both human and pokemon alike. It all came in quick flashes. Thrive couldn't tell which was her father. The damp smell of blood was like humid in the air.

Many combatants fell crashing to the earth, impaled with arrows. They fought barbarically...perpetually...

Thrive was shrouded in shadows within the tree trunk. She felt like a bystander...she felt she was guilty. She hopped out, tumbling for a while, then hitting a human in the back of the leg. He gave a grunt. She noticed immediatly that he was aiming for the chief of Petalburg, but instead...hit someone far dear more important...

Alrighty then, here's the rest...

The deepest, darkest of all of Thrive's fears had shot into her. "No..." She told herself. "No...I-it can't be possible..." She scurried over to the limp form of her father. She knew instantly that it was he, for she felt his benevolent presence...she felt the shriek of his spirit when the arrow pierced his stomach. Her eyes began bubbling at the sight of the intense wound in his abdomen. She had done it...her mother and father...both gone--because of her...
    "My--daughter..." The burly Shiftry gurgled, thought at the last minutes of his life, his body was worthless and weak.
    Thrive saw sights in her mind of her mother crying in pain as fires lit up the night sky. She couldn't help but let forlorn tears trickle down her face in zigzagging patterns.
    "It's me father..." She wept. "It's your cause of death...I'm not your daughter...I'm your murderer..."
    The diluted Shiftry placed his grassy hand soothingly on his daughter's acorn-topped head. "Gobbledygook...you will always be my daughter...I will be...your seraph..."
    She looked up into her father's blood-shot eyes. They were telling her that his life was nearly at an end.
    He whispered his last five words, "Just as your mother is..."
    Thrive gazed into her father's soulless eyes. He's delighted now...she thought, struggling to comfort herself, He's in heaven with mother...watching me from the clouds...

Last edited:
    Back