• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greatest Hip-Hop artist of all time!!

Who's the greatest?

• Total voters

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    I find that a lot of rappers tend to "diss on" other rappers, though. I think there's too much rivalry in the rap world; all these killings are getting me down. :<

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
    Hands down.. Nas. Over the years since his first album(Illmatic), he has just been so consistent with the way that he flows and talks about his life.. unlike so much of the garbage on the radio and TV nowadays within the hip-hop community... Emenem is seriously up there but IMHO was much better in the 2000-2003 era.

Years
    Although a do think that a few of the artists on here are great should be considered in that list...

For me, I would have to choose The Sugarhill Gang, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Whodini, Run DMC and Kurtis Blow. They all laid the foundation for Hip-Hop and brought into the mainstream.

To me, These men are THE Greatest in Hip-Hop.

_Huggle_Bunny_

~*Im Dead And Im Semi Back*~
    Years
    Hmmmm...First Of All None Of These Guys Are Hip-Hop...Well Em and J Is But Not The Rest....

Im Stuck Between Nas And Pac....

I Cant Deside...They Both Brought So Much To Tha Game...

Pac Was A Bad A** N****...And What He Spit Was What Was Goin On In Da Hood....Pac Had More Song That People Could Relate To....Suxs He Got Cut Down So Young...But I Still Can Give You Like 30 Reasons Why He Is Still Alive...XD

Nas...Hmmm What Can I Say Bout Him...He Gods Son...(not really)He Da S*** ANd All Ways Will be

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    _Huggle_Bunny_ said:
    Hmmmm...First Of All None Of These Guys Are Hip-Hop...Well Em and J Is But Not The Rest....

How are they not hip-hop?

To me and a lot of other people hip-hop is a culture, a culture which consists of music, fashion, and other things. These are all hip-hop artists to me and all of these people say in their own lyrics that they are hip-hop artists. All of these guys here are rappers and rap music is a part of the hip-hop culture. What I'm trying to say is that hip-hop is the big picture and other things, like rap ,are part of the big picture.

Last edited:

_Huggle_Bunny_

~*Im Dead And Im Semi Back*~
    Years
    LOL...i guess she ment Nas...

And They Wernt Hip-Hop They Were Rap....And Gangsta Rap...

And I Do Find It Odd That You Dont Have Easy E In This Seeing As He Like Started All This....

If You Put Easy E In This There Would be No Contest Of Who Would Win....

musamusa

Banned
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 7, 2008
    Dude you forgot to add Mike Jones. Mike jones is teh best!!!!!!!1

I love that one song where he goes "mike jones" or something liek that over and over and over and over.
    Thers tihs kdi at my skool with that name and whenever i see him i go like "mike jones mike jones mike jones" (lol, I didn't type all that out, I just copy ande pasted it!)

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    This is a hard choice, but I'm going with Tupac and Em, Pac is like still today one of the greatest rappers next to BIG, and Em is also a great rapper not because he's white and all, because he knows how to rap well.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    _Huggle_Bunny_ said:
    LOL...i guess she ment Nas...

And They Wernt Hip-Hop They Were Rap....And Gangsta Rap...

And I Do Find It Odd That You Dont Have Easy E In This Seeing As He Like Started All This....

If You Put Easy E In This There Would be No Contest Of Who Would Win....

Rap is hip-hop, gangsta rap is hip-hop, go research hip-hop, rap and gangsta rap are sub-genres of hip-hop.

Of course there would be a contest if Eazy E was in here, he didn't start rap or hip-hop, Run DMC put hip-hop in the mainstream before Eazy or NWA. Eazy started gangsta rap, some argue that it was Ice-T, but he isn't the best IMO. I love Eazy E, he's an awesome rapper and he has some of my favorite songs in his catalogue but he's not the best IMO. To you there would not be a contest because that is what you believe, not everyone believes that. I also didn't put Eazy E in here because I didn't make this list, this was on an MTV list of what people chose and I agreed with the main choices.

I also want to say that I voted for Tupac for the reasons I said earlier but I also want to give Nas a lot of respect, he is a great lyrycist and Illmatic is a great album that I just can't stop listening to. He would be up there with Tuoac but Tupac is still better to me.

Back