• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Greek letters?

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Ever since the reveal of Delta Emerald, I couldn't shake the Idea of why they would name it in particular, delta. Looking at the "Emerald?" Forum, Delta was not the first word that came to mind for many.
    Even though it seems like a business trademark strategey, for "just in case" or "so anyone else doesn't", the choice of Delta specifically seems a bit odd. Its not like you can put two and two together in the case of Pokemon Grey.

The only connection Pokemon emerald I can think of is the card game expansion, featuring Delta species pokemon. In this set, the types of pokemon were changed, For example Delta Gardevoir became a fire type and delta trapinch was Psychic.

I realized another connection last night, but it was not specific to emerald. Both Latios and Latias feature a capital Delta symbol on their chest and forehead, and their mega evolution features it on their shoulders as well. I might as well be overthinking things though.

On a related topic, could all of gen 6 be connected to these Greek symbols? Pokemon X, Y, and Z(?) could as well be Pokemon chi, upsilon, and Zeta. For example, in Pokemon X, Xerneas brings life to those around it. The Greek Letter chi symbolizes the soul, or in some cases, Christ.

My mind is just stirring with possibilities ~_~

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Remember, Delta Emerald was just trademarked, it doesn't mean anything since they also trademarked Pokemon Grey and Water Blue but those weren't real. They registered the others so that nobody else can make a game and pretend it was associated with the official ones iirc. That is why I highly doubt Delta Emerald is real, however, not getting rid of all possibilities now!

Wow, I completely forgot about Delta cards. I loved those when I was a kid. That would be really awesome to have implemented in the game. However, it could be just like Primal Dialga and Primal Kyogre/Groudon - the name could be the same but the form could be different.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Ever since the reveal of Delta Emerald, I couldn't shake the Idea of why they would name it in particular, delta. Looking at the "Emerald?" Forum, Delta was not the first word that came to mind for many.
    Even though it seems like a business trademark strategey, for "just in case" or "so anyone else doesn't", the choice of Delta specifically seems a bit odd. Its not like you can put two and two together in the case of Pokemon Grey.

The only connection Pokemon emerald I can think of is the card game expansion, featuring Delta species pokemon. In this set, the types of pokemon were changed, For example Delta Gardevoir became a fire type and delta trapinch was Psychic.

I realized another connection last night, but it was not specific to emerald. Both Latios and Latias feature a capital Delta symbol on their chest and forehead, and their mega evolution features it on their shoulders as well. I might as well be overthinking things though.

On a related topic, could all of gen 6 be connected to these Greek symbols? Pokemon X, Y, and Z(?) could as well be Pokemon chi, upsilon, and Zeta. For example, in Pokemon X, Xerneas brings life to those around it. The Greek Letter chi symbolizes the soul, or in some cases, Christ.

My mind is just stirring with possibilities ~_~

Delta can mean difference or Change. Emerald was about reconciling the differences between the other two members of the weather trio. It was also about the changing climate around the Hoenn region. Also Delta is a triangle so it can symbolize Rayquaza as the master of it's trio. I think even if they don't make Delta Emerald Rayquaza will be connected to the Delta symbol somehow.

Back